Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Budgets - what’s your opinion and method?

by JamesRegister - 24 October, 2020 - 09:21 PM
This post is by a banned member (JamesRegister) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
As the title says, I’m interested in seeing how everyone budgets their money. How much of what you earn goes towards investments so you can earn more, if you don’t do investments how do you save money? Do you put it in an account to gain interest or do you just have it as cash under your mattress?

Lol I feel like everyone here is smart about finances and are not just here for the Gucci bags and the LV belts that we can get. So what are your methods that you all use?
This post is by a banned member (thamanz) - Unhide
thamanz  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
I use betterment, which auto invest my money into a mixture of stocks/bonds. Also I setup a Roth IRA with them.. You can auto draft money out of your bank account into betterment. If you want to be more hands on look into vanguard, s&p 500, index funds, bonds...
Threads
3 Years of service
(25 October, 2020 - 06:30 PM)thamanz Wrote: Show More
I use betterment, which auto invest my money into a mixture of stocks/bonds. Also I setup a Roth IRA with them.. You can auto draft money out of your bank account into betterment. If you want to be more hands on look into vanguard, s&p 500, index funds, bonds...

Interesting, thanks for your input. Would be better to be more hand on? I’ve always wanted to do so but I don’t know much. Thinking of just trying to learn with some simulations and see what happens.
This post is by a banned member (thamanz) - Unhide
thamanz  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(26 October, 2020 - 01:48 AM)JamesRegister Wrote: Show More

Interesting, thanks for your input. Would be better to be more hand on? I’ve always wanted to do so but I don’t know much. Thinking of just trying to learn with some simulations and see what happens.

Well Betterment uses vanguard index stocks so I let that take care of my "safer" investing. I go hands on with my more risky investments like btc, day trading, and individual stock trading.. I mean there is also high yield saving accounts that are pretty damn safe FDIC protected, but the interest rates wont beat inflation.
Threads
3 Years of service
(30 October, 2020 - 10:14 PM)thamanz Wrote: Show More
(26 October, 2020 - 01:48 AM)JamesRegister Wrote: Show More

Well Betterment uses vanguard index stocks so I let that take care of my "safer" investing. I go hands on with my more risky investments like btc, day trading, and individual stock trading.. I mean there is also high yield saving accounts that are pretty damn safe FDIC protected, but the interest rates wont beat inflation.

Yeah I know lol, that’s my thing with savings account. The dollar you have today will be worth less next year for sure, and putting it in the saving account will still make worth less but not as much. The problem is knowing how to make that dollar be worth the same or more by next year....
This post is by a banned member (Bubbabro) - Unhide
Bubbabro  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Thank you
This post is by a banned member (Kingpin) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Financier) - Unhide