Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

A few QoL additions I'd like to suggest.

by Ann2004 - 25 June, 2023 - 05:02 PM
This post is by a banned member (Ann2004) - Unhide
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
1. A system that notify the poster of the reasoning when their post got deleted. 
-Like I got 2 of my threads removed already, the first one, ok it was on me, I forgot the minimum requirement, but the second one? I've checked the rules 5 times now and still don't know why it got deleted.

2. A system that sets a minimum amount of reputation as a requirement to view the contents of a post or it can let's people set a minimum amount themselves. New members will be allow the contents as it's now but only for a limited period, after that they will have to contribute in order to gain reputation.
 -This one is mainly for dealing with leechers, but as a bonus, it can also help members of the community interact with each others more. Now you might need to work on how to regulate people begging for reputation and stuffs but hey, it's a part of your duties as a mod after all.

3. A system allowing posters to directly add files, folders, videos, images,... to their post.
-This is mainly for the convenience of the poster so that they don't have to go through the trouble. Now yes, I do realize that there're risks in doing this such as virus files and stuffs, but that make little differences if they just post a link that leads to a page for people to download the virus files, heck, the page itself can also be tampered with. Might as well cut out the middle man.

4. A system for frequently used Smilies.
-Yeah, that's pretty much it.

5. A system that let's people have the Shoutbox as the "Picture in tab."
-Enable people to chat while doing other stuffs around the site.
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #2
This is a bump
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #3
This is a bump
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #4
This is a bump
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #5
This is a bump
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #6
This is a bump
Ann2004  
Registered
Threads
Bumped #7
This is a bump
This post is by a banned member (dn1u) - Unhide
dn1u  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(25 June, 2023 - 05:02 PM)Ann2004 Wrote: Show More
1. A system that notify the poster of the reasoning when their post got deleted. 
-Like I got 2 of my threads removed already, the first one, ok it was on me, I forgot the minimum requirement, but the second one? I've checked the rules 5 times now and still don't know why it got deleted.

2. A system that sets a minimum amount of reputation as a requirement to view the contents of a post or it can let's people set a minimum amount themselves. New members will be allow the contents as it's now but only for a limited period, after that they will have to contribute in order to gain reputation.
 -This one is mainly for dealing with leechers, but as a bonus, it can also help members of the community interact with each others more. Now you might need to work on how to regulate people begging for reputation and stuffs but hey, it's a part of your duties as a mod after all.

3. A system allowing posters to directly add files, folders, videos, images,... to their post.
-This is mainly for the convenience of the poster so that they don't have to go through the trouble. Now yes, I do realize that there're risks in doing this such as virus files and stuffs, but that make little differences if they just post a link that leads to a page for people to download the virus files, heck, the page itself can also be tampered with. Might as well cut out the middle man.

4. A system for frequently used Smilies.
-Yeah, that's pretty much it.

5. A system that let's people have the Shoutbox as the "Picture in tab."
-Enable people to chat while doing other stuffs around the site.

I don't see how #2 can be horrible for the forum at all.
--------------------------
Owner of otherside https://discord.gg/otherside