Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Anyone learn Python in school?

by Serhat Aie - 30 July, 2019 - 01:38 PM
This post is by a banned member (vypic) - Unhide
vypic  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Nope, but i see the new kids in school are learning it now- seems a cool thing
This post is by a banned member (goodoldie) - Unhide
goodoldie  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
its a great language especially for scripting/ automating stuff.
This post is by a banned member (serahfarron) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Surprisingly, no. At least in highschool and below.
Highschool started off with Scratch just for kids to learn the fundamentals of programming and logic. From there, we moved up to JS and finally Java in grade eleven.
Grade 12 computer science classes consisted of whatever language you wanted to use (since most kids already had a fave) and you basically just built a few projects (and a large project) over the course of a semester.

Computer engineering classes were a little lower level, involving some assembly and C, but in the early months we mainly used Arduino.

In my uni classes, we've done Python for the first year classes. Second year bumped back up to Java, third year involves some C-like languages, Go, Scala, Scheme/Lisp for different paradigms.
This post is by a banned member (Infinity Store) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (grisc) - Unhide
grisc  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
In school as in highschool? No, I didn't learn/see any programming in highschool, surprisingly, but I was already deep into programming on my own by that time anyway. I did heavily learn programming related topics on college though, but that is to be expected, I guess.

Closest I got to a computer throughout school was to learn how to use the mouse, office, paint, how to browse the internet, silly things like that (In elementary school, not highschool)
This post is by a banned member (Money-) - Unhide
Money-  
Infinity
Threads
4 Years of service
Nah not really in high school. But at my current state I am forced to learn Java, C , C# , PHP , JavaScript , Bash Scripting, HTML and CSS.
I will need to learn Python on my own by now and yes for Pentesting purposes since its fast and simple to use and Syntax friendly.
This post is by a banned member (greatbigguy1) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I did, yes. Both in high school and now at a university level.
This post is by a banned member (cjuani22) - Unhide