Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Do you watch things because of the actors in them?

by haglin - 13 January, 2020 - 10:57 AM
This post is by a banned member (haglin) - Unhide
haglin  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
There used to be an old idea of a bankable Hollywood star, a name that you could slap onto a movie and it would be pretty much guaranteed to make money. Think Arnold in the '80s and early '90s, or Will Smith in the late '90s and early '00s. Does that still exist anymore? Do people go out to watch movies specifically because there's some actor they like in it?

I feel like it doesn't happen anymore at least when it comes to big movies. People care more about the brand and how the movie or series looks. Game of Thrones was massive before the shitty last season. Were there any well known actors in that cast? Not really. Yet you see former James Bond, Marvel and Star Wars, etc. people in flops. That's because people didn't watch Marvel or Star Wars for the actors but because it was the new Star Wars and Marvel movie. It might still work in smaller movies, like comedies, but in those cases, maybe the actor has become the brand? If you go watch an Adam Sandler comedy, you'd know what to expect for instance.
This post is by a banned member (pacogerte) - Unhide
pacogerte  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I do. Some actors are are a guarantee of quality for me. However I dont limit my options to well-known names. Usually I give the benefit of doubt and try something different.
This post is by a banned member (icthreeoverthere) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Yess 100%
This post is by a banned member (kingblade) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Tonyeagl) - Unhide
Tonyeagl  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Dssssss
This post is by a banned member (KittyDesign) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
For me it just depends on the movie usually if it's something I'd enjoy watching
[Image: Kitty-Banner.gif]
METHODS OF CONTACT

[ STEAM PROFILE ] [ Deviant Art ] [ Twitter ] [ Fiverr ] [ Discord Tag: LewdKitty#9602 ] [ Discord Server: 
https://discord.gg/YCV8eHBPV4 ]
This post is by a banned member (sloppyguy) - Unhide
sloppyguy  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
if the movies have my favorites actor I usually will watch them.
Also I will watch a movie of a director I like
This post is by a banned member (cookiesormuffins) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Better actors tend to correlate with better movies, in general. But flops do exist. For example, Keanu Reeves is a great actor, and I love his films, but man, "Replica" was just not it.