Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Ethical hacking & Where to start?

by mrtriickzz - 29 January, 2023 - 01:51 PM
This post is by a banned member (mrtriickzz) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
I'm new to the whole process. I got somewhat familiar with python3 in the beginning but didn't get that far. I guess I'm looking for a mentor, or someone who could help teach me what I'm looking to do. Or even point me in the right direction. I know about TryHackMe and HackTheBox (HackTheBox is for even more experienced users). I want to learn decryption of files, password cracking (using John the ripper, Hydra, etc.) Anything that is a "must-need-to-know" before beginning anything. I've been practicing on gathering info via OSiNT but that's just not enough for what I need to accomplish. I know about phishing, but even then, there's the 2FA factor. Not to mention I can't get the URL to ever look legit. Burpsuite, Metasploit, decryption of .db files & Plist. Learning how to get emails. Etc... Example, I've used OSiNT resources to get someones phone number, email & address. But I don't know where/how to proceed with hacking/cracking information that i'm trying to obtain. I know this is a lot and I apologize if this isn't in the correct section to post on this site, I'm fairly new here but once I discovered the website I knew I wanted in with this community. YouTube only shows bare minimum, obviously. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been at it for what feels like months straight, and have gotten no where. BEST advice is if someone could teach me to gain access to any cellular device to read text messages. I don't have any actual "harmful intentions" with learning the knowledge, it's rather more for my own personal investigations and research. Not to mention, there's good money to be made from a lot of what I've read here. So if there's anyone willing to give some tips, or guides, or anything, I would really appreciate it. I'm persistent, and dedicated to learn everything I can. Thanks in advance guys.
This post is by a banned member (ezelife) - Unhide
ezelife  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Try one of these softwares to get you started, though I don't know how useful or useless they may actually be: https://www.guru99.com/best-os-hacking.html
Hackerman ~ Upgraded Member ~ Hackerman
Threads
1 Year of service
(29 January, 2023 - 05:38 PM)ezelife Wrote: Show More
Try one of these softwares to get you started, though I don't know how useful or useless they may actually be: https://www.guru99.com/best-os-hacking.html

I appreciate the feedback i'll check it out !
This post is by a banned member (KnightChampion) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (TimeChangeEverything) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(04 February, 2023 - 10:48 AM)KnightChampion Wrote: Show More
If you're interested in starting a career in ethical hacking, here are a few steps you can take:
  1. Gain a strong understanding of computer systems and networks: Having a strong foundation in the underlying technology is essential for ethical hacking.
  2. Learn programming languages: Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, JavaScript, and C++ is important for ethical hacking, as it can help you understand how code can be used to exploit vulnerabilities.
  3. Get certified: Obtaining a certification, such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CompTIA Security+, can demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers.
  4. Practice ethical hacking: Participate in online ethical hacking challenges or complete practical exercises to gain hands-on experience.
  5. Stay up-to-date: The field of cybersecurity is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies, techniques, and best practices.

Thanks for those tips I am interested on ethical hacking as a career

Above Services are Paid Advertisement
Threads
1 Year of service
I appreciate the insight thank you my man
This post is by a banned member (gangster133) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
(29 January, 2023 - 05:38 PM)ezelife Wrote: Show More

"Hacking operating system" that's a fucking joke to begin with. There is no such thing as a hacking operating system, it's a bloated version of Ubuntu, loaded up with outdated and unmaintained tools to the absolute brink and then released into the wild so idiots can download them. It's like giving a person with no experience a combat suit, rifle, pistol, ammunition and a FUCKING TANK and tell them that they shall liberate Ukraine on their own.