Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Fastest way to learn about Lua?

by Seby - 05 January, 2019 - 03:20 AM
This post is by a banned member (Seby) - Unhide
Seby  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 05 January, 2019 - 03:22 AM by Seby.)
Hello, everyone!
I've wanted to learn about Lua for quite some time now, and I really couldn't find the path to take on how to learn. I wanted to know if anyone of you smart people knew the fastest way to learn. Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I just posted in the wrong section, mods move this if I did, please...
This post is by a banned member (Fraudlash) - Unhide
Fraudlash  
Reverser
Threads
5 Years of service
Why would you want to learn about Lua? It's just a crapy old lang used in some oldschool games. I was scripting on a game using Lua but thnx god I moved to another lang.

Anyway I can't tell you the fastest way, Lua is very easy and you could learn it in couple of days but it's still up to what you wanna do with it.
[Image: Banner.gif]

Ad space by @Dav expires 2/14/2024

SELLING THIS MIDDLE SPOT CONTACT @Liars FOR PRICING

SELLING THIS BOTTOM SPOT CONTACT @Liars FOR PRICING

AD BY @ expires 13th November 
Seby  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
(05 January, 2019 - 04:52 PM)Forlax Wrote: Show More
Why would you want to learn about Lua? It's just a crapy old lang used in some oldschool games. I was scripting on a game using Lua but thnx god I moved to another lang.

Anyway I can't tell you the fastest way, Lua is very easy and you could learn it in couple of days but it's still up to what you wanna do with it.

What language should I learn instead? I've heard c++ was easy, but I don't know where to learn any of these languages. I know some Lua, and trying to get better though.
[Image: Xbmqtb.png]
This post is by a banned member (Fraudlash) - Unhide
Fraudlash  
Reverser
Threads
5 Years of service
(06 January, 2019 - 01:18 AM)Seby Wrote: Show More

What language should I learn instead? I've heard c++ was easy, but I don't know where to learn any of these languages. I know some Lua, and trying to get better though.

It's not really about the language, you just have to pick and start. If you willing do some general development then go for python, it will allow you to create anything everywhere, and as an alternative there is Java but this is one is kinda old school shit and kinda take more of time to start with it. But if you would like to stick to Windows App development then you can think about C# or C++ or Delphi and just start, learn watch codes, try to understand, and it won't take you more of a month to start making programs. So just go, read about these languages. Take a look on the codes and pick one. Just keep in mind that you can whatever you got in your head with any language you just have to know how to use it and Voila!
[Image: Banner.gif]

Ad space by @Dav expires 2/14/2024

SELLING THIS MIDDLE SPOT CONTACT @Liars FOR PRICING

SELLING THIS BOTTOM SPOT CONTACT @Liars FOR PRICING

AD BY @ expires 13th November 
Seby  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
(06 January, 2019 - 01:22 PM)Forlax Wrote: Show More

It's not really about the language, you just have to pick and start. If you willing do some general development then go for python, it will allow you to create anything everywhere, and as an alternative there is Java but this is one is kinda old school shit and kinda take more of time to start with it. But if you would like to stick to Windows App development then you can think about C# or C++ or Delphi and just start, learn watch codes, try to understand, and it won't take you more of a month to start making programs. So just go, read about these languages. Take a look on the codes and pick one. Just keep in mind that you can whatever you got in your head with any language you just have to know how to use it and Voila!

Alright, thanks.
[Image: Xbmqtb.png]
This post is by a banned member (undisputedd) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Pruned57908) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(06 January, 2019 - 01:22 PM)Forlax Wrote: Show More

Delphi is Pascal, which was around since 1970. C++ has been around since 1985. Java was developed in 1995. Not following what you mean by 'old-school shit,' especially since Oracle released Java11 literally a few weeks ago, along with the new OpenJDK.

And I'd recommend staying away from doing anything Windows related to programming when starting out. The WinAPI can be really daunting if you don't already have a solid grasp of most programming concepts (structs being the big one.) And if you're not going to use the WinAPI, then why bother developing on Windows? (At least if you plan on using C/C++, other langs will do just fine.)
This post is by a banned member (hasi912) - Unhide