Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Gamestop stocks

by goodbd - 01 February, 2021 - 02:12 AM
This post is by a banned member (goodbd) - Unhide
goodbd  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
So basically if you haven't kept up with the economy and all of that something huge just happened. So just a few days ago as I am writing this post some reddit users (yes reddit) found out that a lot of rich people were putting in hedge funds into gamestop. Which basically means that they borrow shares from the stock and if the stock goes down (which they were planning on it) they would get money. However if it goes up they must buy the shares. Now a bunch of these rich guys were betting with a ton of money that gamestop stocks will fall so they invested heavily and I mean HEAVILY in gamestop hedge funds. But what ended happening is that the reddit user looked at publicly available data and basically made a post saying "hey i think we should be investing in gamestop". so what ended up happening was that tons and tons of amateur investors bought shares in gamestop which caused the price of a share to sky rocket. Im talking from going to 42USD to over 340USD in under one week. And since the rich guys put in so much bets into the hedge fund they needed to buy it which caused it to grow even more. Now this made tons of the amateur investors loaded. people who purchased 500USD of gamestop stocks on Friday January 15 would have made 4900USD! which is honestly insane. However due to the rapid money decline of the rich guys, many of them are starting to go bankrupt, and they are not happy. They basically begged robin hood (a popular stocks app) to shut down gamestop trading. The rich guys got so mad and were claiming investment manipulation. But mainly they are the ones who are Manipulating the stocks. 
So thank you for reading with leave a like and leave reply if I missed anything or if there is any miskates and I hope you  all have a great day
links:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/gamestop...-year.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=gmaestop...heres-how/
This post is by a banned member (raines7890) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
robinhood app will leave playstore.
This post is by a banned member (UltimateBeast) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Wall Street lost $ 8 billion on gamestop damn!