Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Gaming Headsets vs Studio Headphones

by flicky - 15 May, 2020 - 02:17 AM
This post is by a banned member (flicky) - Unhide
flicky  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to be posting this thread, it’s still related to gaming.. right? If this isn’t, I apologise to the mods!!

Anyways, I’m in need of a new headphones after my previous gaming headset broke (Razer sucks) and I’ve been looking to get some as of recently. I do play quite a lot of FPS games that require good sound imaging, so like hearing footsteps.

Ive been seeing that people are saying surround sound is BS and gaming headsets are overpriced. Should I invest in some good studio headphones with an AMP/DAC, anything that anyone recommend?

Any gaming headsets that are well worth the money?
This post is by a banned member (robmeyer43) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Headphones you surely can't go wrong with Beyerdynamic. 

DT 770 PRO (closed)
DT 880 PRO (half open)
DT 990 PRO (open)

The 770 imo is as good as it gets in a closed back for gaming without moving up to a crazy budget. best allrounder for gaming, music etc. pp
This post is by a banned member (flicky) - Unhide
flicky  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 15 May, 2020 - 10:57 AM by flicky.)
(15 May, 2020 - 07:28 AM)robmeyer43 Wrote: Show More

DT 770 PRO (closed)
DT 880 PRO (half open)
DT 990 PRO (open)

The 770 imo is as good as it gets in a closed back for gaming without moving up to a crazy budget. best allrounder for gaming, music etc. pp

Ah! I have been looking into these and I have heard they’re pretty good. As they’re studio headphones, they have a higher impedance than regular headphones right?

Do you think it’s completely necessary to buy an amp/dac or would I be able to plug and play without needing one?
This post is by a banned member (Sniperil0293) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
Astro A50's are excellent IMO
This post is by a banned member (robmeyer43) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(15 May, 2020 - 10:57 AM)flicky Wrote: Show More
(15 May, 2020 - 07:28 AM)robmeyer43 Wrote: Show More

DT 770 PRO (closed)
DT 880 PRO (half open)
DT 990 PRO (open)

Ah! I have been looking into these and I have heard they’re pretty good. As they’re studio headphones, they have a higher impedance than regular headphones right?

Do you think it’s completely necessary to buy an amp/dac or would I be able to plug and play without needing one?

There are different Ohm versions. 25, 80, 250 i think.

There is no official suggestion what to buy. But its basically 25 Ohm for a Smart phone, 80 is the allrounder, and 250 for the more advanced stuff with audio amplifiers.
This post is by a banned member (necromantic82) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(15 May, 2020 - 02:17 AM)flicky Wrote: Show More
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to be posting this thread, it’s still related to gaming.. right? If this isn’t, I apologise to the mods!!

Anyways, I’m in need of a new headphones after my previous gaming headset broke (Razer sucks) and I’ve been looking to get some as of recently. I do play quite a lot of FPS games that require good sound imaging, so like hearing footsteps.

Ive been seeing that people are saying surround sound is BS and gaming headsets are overpriced. Should I invest in some good studio headphones with an AMP/DAC, anything that anyone recommend?

Any gaming headsets that are well worth the money?

mate ı have Razer Tiamat , Its really good. I have been using it for almost 3-4 years now. I think there are some better series , what I could recommend is , stick with Razer stuff. Its good
This post is by a banned member (arcoftime) - Unhide
arcoftime  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
i heard the hyperx gaming headsets are good. if you go for studio headphones, the antlion modmic gets good reviews
This post is by a banned member (SK1LLA) - Unhide