Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Help with SE'ing Microsoft

by Dezb - 16 April, 2019 - 08:38 AM
This post is by a banned member (Dezb) - Unhide
Dezb  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Hey guys, followed Zoom's thread on how to SE Microsoft for a Surface. They are telling me to ship it and won't take no for an answer. I then said i can't be two weeks without a device and are speaking to higher support. Any tips on how to get the device shipped? I don't have a device just a serial.

Steps so far

Valid serial for Surface Book 2

Registered with new email and registered serial

Spoke to Live chat

Told them device would work with charger plugged in, as soon as it disconnects the device powers off. Went to a computer repair shop and they confirmed it was a defective battery.

They said to ship it back and once they receive then they will ship a replacement out, told them it's EU law (live in UK) not to ship defective batteries. They said that's fine and they are covered. I said I wasn't happy shipping but they persevered and told me that's the only way.

I then said I could be without a device for 2 weeks as I'm a graphics designer (not too far from the truth) and use at customer sites.

They said they would speak to higher support and are getting back to me. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated on steps forward.

PS. They said the device was bought in the US and I'm trying to get a replacement in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated for a first time SE'er
This post is by a banned member (stat) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (FR13ND5) - Unhide
FR13ND5  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
have you done it or it failed?