Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Help with anxiety

by typicalvirgin - 23 November, 2021 - 10:39 PM
This post is by a banned member (typicalvirgin) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
Hi,

If anybody has any tips to help with anxiety I could really use the help rn. Struggling a little with it and depression but surviving. Just looking for some ways to make life a little easier/better.

cheers  PepeGlad
This post is by a banned member (Ilariaxxx) - Unhide
Ilariaxxx  
Heaven
Threads
5 Years of service
don't allow anxiety to turn into panic attacks, I've been suffering from it for 30 years and it's hell
This post is by a banned member (Saul_Goodman) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 24 November, 2021 - 03:32 AM by typicalvirgin.)
(24 November, 2021 - 12:38 AM)SaulGoodmanRef Wrote: Show More
@typicalvirgin You can choose to believe me or not, but to keep it short and sweet, join a gym!

Might be the best thing you can do, it will ameliorate your anxiety because there will be people around and the seeing the physical results will help with the depression.
It is one of the most healthy and easy to maintain hobbies you can have!

I never thought to do this but it makes a lot of sense, I'll take you up on this! Thank you so much  Smart Smart Smart

(23 November, 2021 - 11:10 PM)Ilariaxxx Wrote: Show More
don't allow anxiety to turn into panic attacks, I've been suffering from it for 30 years and it's hell

I have panic attacks quite a lot tbh, my anxiety has been stewing for years but it's only now it's become unbearable (with other mental illnesses I have)  Pepe Pepe Pepe
This post is by a banned member (knilje) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
(24 November, 2021 - 03:47 AM)knilje Wrote: Show More
What sort of anxiety do you feel like you experience?

If it is just general anxiety, I would start wonder what triggers it. SaulGoodmanRef has a good point about keeping engaged with things that you value.

As cliche as it sounds, mindfulness is a really valuable tool that I found helps. Being able to identify what situations triggered my anxiety and be able to find ways to ground myself before it gets caught up into the vicious cycle it used to be. I know it sounds easier said than done, but that's why mindfulness is a practice, because you can't jsut be "mindful" of your anxiety. But with time, you may be able to find your triggers and control where your mind goes when you feel it coming.

I've found one of my triggers is when I'm on a night out so I guess loud music, crowded atmosphere... y'know, shit like that but I also seem to have panic attacks randomly. Like I can just be sat at home watching tv and then BOOM! Out of nowhere a random feeling of not being able to breathe, feeling like I'm going to die and having to be calmed down by my ever loving other half
This post is by a banned member (ASTROALIEN) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
(24 November, 2021 - 03:59 AM)typicalvirgin Wrote: Show More
(24 November, 2021 - 03:47 AM)knilje Wrote: Show More
What sort of anxiety do you feel like you experience?

If it is just general anxiety, I would start wonder what triggers it. SaulGoodmanRef has a good point about keeping engaged with things that you value.

As cliche as it sounds, mindfulness is a really valuable tool that I found helps. Being able to identify what situations triggered my anxiety and be able to find ways to ground myself before it gets caught up into the vicious cycle it used to be. I know it sounds easier said than done, but that's why mindfulness is a practice, because you can't jsut be "mindful" of your anxiety. But with time, you may be able to find your triggers and control where your mind goes when you feel it coming.

I've found one of my triggers is when I'm on a night out so I guess loud music, crowded atmosphere... y'know, shit like that but I also seem to have panic attacks randomly. Like I can just be sat at home watching tv and then BOOM! Out of nowhere a random feeling of not being able to breathe, feeling like I'm going to die and having to be calmed down by my ever loving other half
Are you on any anti depresents? if so name them please thank you
This post is by a banned member (Saul_Goodman) - Unhide