Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Hide Tag dialogue does not support multi-line paste

by beam - 18 October, 2019 - 09:53 PM
This post is by a banned member (beam) - Unhide
beam  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
If you paste multiple lines of text into it, all line breaks are removed in the resulting post. Obviously we can just edit it before finalizing the post, but I think it's a bit annoying and adds an unnecessary step.
Can we have an option that just inserts hide tags?

[Image: AIgkCgN.png]
This post is by a banned member (bagwis) - Unhide
bagwis  
Godlike
Threads
6 Years of service
just put a period in the hide option and press enter, then paste the lines in the hide brackets and post the thread, is that too hard

This post is by a banned member (beam) - Unhide
beam  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(22 October, 2019 - 04:01 PM)Andrew Wrote: Show More
just put a period in the hide option and press enter, then paste the lines in the hide brackets and post the thread, is that too hard

I know how to work around it. No, it's not hard at all.
But it is still an unnecessary step, which wasn't needed prior to the toolbar change earlier this month. This is a forum where a lot of people tend to post hidden content that consist of multiple lines of text. I believe convenience should definitely be taken into account.
Plus, the entire reason I am asking for this is because I've noticed other members posting hidden content without line breaks. It doesn't matter whether you or I don't find it a big deal.
It's affecting the overall viewing experience of the forum.
This post is by a banned member (bagwis) - Unhide
bagwis  
Godlike
Threads
6 Years of service
(22 October, 2019 - 04:34 PM)pusosed Wrote: Show More
(22 October, 2019 - 04:01 PM)Andrew Wrote: Show More

I know how to work around it. No, it's not hard at all.
But it is still an unnecessary step, which wasn't needed prior to the toolbar change earlier this month. This is a forum where a lot of people tend to post hidden content that consist of multiple lines of text. I believe convenience should definitely be taken into account.
Plus, the entire reason I am asking for this is because I've noticed other members posting hidden content without line breaks. It doesn't matter whether you or I don't find it a big deal.
It's affecting the overall viewing experience of the forum.

that is true i understand your view, but it depends because that may be a hard thing to implement for the developer so i don't know if they'll think its worth all that but i also agree that it may be hard for people who don't fully understand how to use the hide option !

sorry for my bad english