Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

I'm confused between these two things until now

by godhypnos - 25 July, 2022 - 04:24 PM
This post is by a banned member (godhypnos) - Unhide
godhypnos  
Infinity
Threads
1 Year of service
Bro idk but what is the difference between RDP and Virtual Box, I mean Sandboxie for example, also what are their purpose and which one is better for cracking?
bcos the meanings in google is a bit jargon and I'm looking for their meaning in layman's term that is why I want to ask here since u guys are better at this.  PepeBlush
"We receive exactly what we see.
See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it."

Smart Smart Smart

I'M NOT A SELLER. I'M HERE TO LEARN.
This post is by a banned member (KayT) - Unhide
KayT  
Supreme
Threads
1 Year of service
(This post was last modified: 26 July, 2022 - 12:17 AM by KayT. Edited 1 time in total.)
Basically a RDP will give you a totally different IP than yours, it is better for cracking because it is not linked to your computer, IP, files in any way, it's like using anydesk to connect to your grandmas computer
With a virtual box, it will use your IP and the files from your virtual pc is saved in your computer
This post is by a banned member (UberFuck) - Unhide
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
RDP = Remote Desktop Connection.  On here, it usually means you're connecting to a server on hardware hosted by a service.  Technically it's a VPS (not RDP) if it's either linux or windows.
VM = Virtual Machine. On here, it usually means running an OS in a virtualization software on your own hardware.  Common VM platforms are VirtualBox, VMware, and Hyper-V. 
Sandboxie is a virtualization software, but usually only used for a single application instead of the entire OS.

https://cracked.io/Thread-Cracked-io-Lingos

The primary reason why I use these is to isolate my cracking life from IRL stuff.  I don't want google or facebook or whoever tracking and associating any cracking related activity with any accounts / profiles that have my personal information.  Basic OPSEC.
godhypnos  
Infinity
Threads
1 Year of service
(26 July, 2022 - 01:48 AM)UberFuck Wrote: Show More
RDP = Remote Desktop Connection.  On here, it usually means you're connecting to a server on hardware hosted by a service.  Technically it's a VPS (not RDP) if it's either linux or windows.
VM = Virtual Machine. On here, it usually means running an OS in a virtualization software on your own hardware.  Common VM platforms are VirtualBox, VMware, and Hyper-V. 
Sandboxie is a virtualization software, but usually only used for a single application instead of the entire OS.

https://cracked.io/Thread-Cracked-io-Lingos

The primary reason why I use these is to isolate my cracking life from IRL stuff.  I don't want google or facebook or whoever tracking and associating any cracking related activity with any accounts / profiles that have my personal information.  Basic OPSEC.

wow so how do you use it sir, do you use them both in cracking? or which is better in terms of protecting your pc?

Smart Smart Smart

This post is by a banned member (UberFuck) - Unhide
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
I use both, but mostly use VM's for daily activities because I've got the hardware for it and don't need to use a remote host for most things.  Also it doesn't cost anything other than some extra disk space and some CPU cycles.

In terms of protecting your own PC from malware? It's hard to beat a VPS/RDP because nothing is running on your system...but it's usually not that practical to get a VPS just for that purpose.

A VPS is good when you want to run something 24/7, are hosting something that needs to be publicly accessible (ie from any IP address(es) you deem necessary), or need some beefier hardware than what you can spin up in a VM on your own system.
godhypnos  
Infinity
Threads
1 Year of service
(26 July, 2022 - 01:01 PM)UberFuck Wrote: Show More
I use both, but mostly use VM's for daily activities because I've got the hardware for it and don't need to use a remote host for most things.  Also it doesn't cost anything other than some extra disk space and some CPU cycles.

In terms of protecting your own PC from malware? It's hard to beat a VPS/RDP because nothing is running on your system...but it's usually not that practical to get a VPS just for that purpose.

A VPS is good when you want to run something 24/7, are hosting something that needs to be publicly accessible (ie from any IP address(es) you deem necessary), or need some beefier hardware than what you can spin up in a VM on your own system.
nice advice thank you sm sir PepeBlush

Smart Smart Smart

This post is by a banned member (HansyNtheBrain) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
Tbh VM ware will sometimes make your PC slower also have noticed it myself while RDP doesn't but it might just be me
[Image: Lite-Speed3-50.gif]

[Image: oYi2hJn.png]

This post is by a banned member (ANG) - Unhide