Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Investing

by xxsilentroxx - 26 April, 2019 - 07:09 PM
This post is by a banned member (textverified) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(22 July, 2019 - 04:33 PM)shutterisland23 Wrote: Show More
(26 April, 2019 - 07:54 PM)textverified Wrote: Show More
(26 April, 2019 - 07:09 PM)xxsilentroxx Wrote: Show More
Can someone help me with investing for long term? Is there any good programs/apps out right now? I would love to hear your stories! (either good or bad) I want to learn!

You can earn ~7% inflation adjusted YoY returns averaged over say..20-30 years by investing in an indexed mutual fund or ETF.

I'm one of the "success" stories. Started in 2009, and kept pumping extra money into FSKAX, VTMGX, BND, VTI, VEA,VWO. 10 years later, my cost basis is about 1.5m, and my appreciation/returns are about 470k.

it's very unlikely the next 20-30 years will bring 7% returns when adjusted for inflation, especially at the current valuations. also, your obviously not made up numbers and returns make no sense but alright lol

Spoken like someone who doesn't invest. Added another 170k since my last post on this thread. Fiesta 

[Image: qmWh3BL.png]
This post is by a banned member (shutterisland23) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 23 July, 2019 - 09:29 PM by shutterisland23.)
(23 July, 2019 - 08:20 AM)textverified Wrote: Show More
(22 July, 2019 - 04:33 PM)shutterisland23 Wrote: Show More
(26 April, 2019 - 07:54 PM)textverified Wrote: Show More
You can earn ~7% inflation adjusted YoY returns averaged over say..20-30 years by investing in an indexed mutual fund or ETF.

I'm one of the "success" stories. Started in 2009, and kept pumping extra money into FSKAX, VTMGX, BND, VTI, VEA,VWO. 10 years later, my cost basis is about 1.5m, and my appreciation/returns are about 470k.

it's very unlikely the next 20-30 years will bring 7% returns when adjusted for inflation, especially at the current valuations. also, your obviously not made up numbers and returns make no sense but alright lol

Spoken like someone who doesn't invest. Added another 170k since my last post on this thread. Fiesta 

[Image: qmWh3BL.png]

u went through the process of faking a picture just for me? how cute

edit: nvm i actually believe u after seeing some of your posts on BHW. you definitely don't know as much as you think though. u think the market will continue 7% annually(even adjusted for inflation, yikes) forever because it's done so the past 100 years or so, but the reality is the economy has matured quite a bit from 100 years ago, interest rates are much lower than in the past, and valuations are incredibly high if you don't look at relative valuations. the only reason the market hasn't had a huge correction is due to low interest rates. u prob can get 7% annually, adjusted for inflation, over 20-30 years if you invest at the bottom of the next crash, but that wouldn't be the case at current valuations. luckily for you, you're not arrogant enough to pick out your own stocks, so your ignorance won't affect you much.
This post is by a banned member (ariadna3) - Unhide
ariadna3  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
real estate market only !