Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Java learning GUIDE (all levels)

by Rapri - 09 April, 2020 - 02:40 PM
This post is by a banned member (Rapri) - Unhide
Rapri  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 09 April, 2020 - 02:43 PM by Rapri.)
Ah yes! Finally something i can contribute to this community. 
I just started learning CS and engineering at a top 20 uni of the world (humble brag :P) and most of my first year revolved around java. So ill write a short summary of what you should know.  

Are you interested in learning about java so you can make games? mobile apps? cracking tools?  but dont have experience with java. Then hopefully this small guide which i will keep updating will help you. 
No matter the reason you have for learning java, YOU MUST start from the basics. If anyone tells you otherwise they are either (1) foolish (2) bullshitting you (3) trying to make you a shit developer. 

Section 1 :  Learn the basis 
If you are starting in this section you should basically learn about the various features java provides. Heres a list of *some* of the things you should be focusing on 

1) Object oriented programming principles : OOP was the main thing that made java unique at the time it was released. if you want to master java you MUST understand why this is such a big deal and why it is so powerful. 
2) Loops : Learn about various types of loops, each has an advantage and disadvantage learn them. 
3) Algorithms and data structures : Java (like most languages) proves a platter of data structures, all with their own strengths and weaknesses which make them very situational. Take for example a hashTable DS, it provides O(1) insertion and retrieval so you might be tempted to always use a hashTable, but they are slow for ordered retrieval/insertion, in this case its better to use a tree based DS
4) j-unit testing : Learn to write tests, java just like many languages has ALOT of features and you CAN NOT possibly memorise/master everything, that is why you must test the code you write because maybe you think it will run in some way but its actually running in another way due to some specific data structure implementation. Testing is a must. 

here are some very useful online course links that teach the topics of this section : 
1) MOOC Object oriented programming for JAVA from the University of Helsinki : https://www.mooc.fi/en
2) Java for beginners playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...yyq4R7g-Al

Section 2 : Industry tools and must knows 
coming up, programming techniques, software engineering methods and architectures, Version control systems (git), build automation systems (maven vs gradle)
This post is by a banned member (hasi912) - Unhide