Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Joining The Military

by KingKingKing - 23 July, 2019 - 03:00 AM
This post is by a banned member (KingKingKing) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Hey there! When I graduate from high school I plan on joining the military because of the benefits but, more specifically the Air Force. I want to do intelligence it seems to fit me perfectly! Are there any vets here?? If so I would like to know if you all have any tips or advice for me?? Is there anything I should know that you might not have known before you joined up?? Really any tip or piece of advice that you could give is appreciated! Thanks and have a nice day!
Smart Contact Me to Purchase Carding Methods, SE Methods, and Premium Accounts Smart
Instagram: @drobitussin.d
Telegram: @Drobitussin
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEUXv-qSOoZBpoV1iw
I post SE Methods and Premium Accounts there

[Image: giphy.gif]
This post is by a banned member (AGirlHasNoName) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Vet here, disabled one at that.

Go to fucking college first. The quality of life between E1 and O1 is fucking insane. Like "sharing a bathroom" to "having your own place" insane. If you're smart enough for intelligence, you're smart enough to get into a ROTC program.

Recruiters lie. Every single one of them lies. We didn't send them there because they were the best at their jobs. They're used car salesmen who can look super pretty in uniform. If you insist on going in enlisted, don't sign a contract until it says what your job is going to be. I don't care if they promise you, if it's not written it's not real.

You're going to fall in love with the first girl or guy you talk to at your first base. This is you being stupid and starved of human attention. Don't be dumb, don't get married. ESPECIALLY to a civilian who lives right off base.

There's a car dealership right off base. Ignore it. I don't care what base you're at, ignore it. You don't need 22 APY for a fucking Dodge charger.

The military, especially jobs like intelligence, are just that: jobs. The whole hero worship military/vets get is fucking bullshit, and the only people who play into it are boots who never let it go. Go in, do your job, do it well, and you're gonna be fine.

Get in shape yesterday.

Basic training is a mind game. Everyone breaks. Everyone cries. Everyone. If someone said they didn't, they're lying. It's part of the process. They want you to succeed, but you have to earn it.

TL:DR? Don't be stupid and you'll be ok.

Personally, looking back at it, I would never do it again. Between the injuries I picked up, being LGBT and seeing where the country is now, and the whole heap of bullshit that came with it even back then, I wish I had just gone to college the first time. That being said, the benefits help today with schooling, housing, etc.
This post is by a banned member (blindz) - Unhide
blindz  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I'm not an active duty, just a spouse. My knowledge is either witnessing first hand or from what my husband has told me, as he's one of the first points of contact for civilians. pretty much everything above is true. At our last command, he had to deal with a sailor who married some chick who ended up taking EVERYTHING. She sold his car, she got hold of a gun and threatened him with it, drained his bank account, then moved back with her parents in another state. Left this dude high and dry and in trouble. There are some good people out there, but be very, VERY cautious about who you let in your life, and who you give access to your possessions. Enlisted doesn't make a lot of money, so you should learn to budget a bit. Also, be VERY careful about who you deal with, such as who you take out loans with, or rent-to-own things (Cars, computers, etc.) from. People will try to take advantage of you.

My husband went in to boot camp one way, and came out different. Not entirely bad, but it's different for everyone. Don't expect to be the same.

You want to go into something dealing with intelligence, which I believe will require a security clearance of some type. Just some advice from the wife of a lead classifier who works with recruiters and everyone who will determine whether or not you get in: stay away from drugs. Don't mention them if you've done them in the past, if you are doing them now, quit. You will be drug tested randomly and most likely frequently. Don't do dumb stuff that will get you in trouble with the law. My husband deals with people who look promising but end up having stupid crap in their background that keeps them from getting certain jobs. Intelligence and security clearances will absolutely not be an option if you have anything in your history that looks remotely sketchy.

Don't expect privacy in anything. When you enlist, you are the government's property.

The only thing I can really disagree with is the college part. You can do college while you are enlisted, but it'll be hard, if not impossible if you get deployed.

Now, a lot of this might seem offputting but it does have some benefits. If you do your full 20 and retire, you'll get healthcare benefits and a pension, as far as I understand. The healthcare alone is probably worth it.

It's a huge decision to make, so do research and make sure you understand what you'll be giving up and what you'll gain if you join. Hope this helps.
This post is by a banned member (hateden) - Unhide
hateden  
Supreme
Threads
5 Years of service
(23 July, 2019 - 03:00 AM)KingKingKing Wrote: Show More
Hey there! When I graduate from high school I plan on joining the military because of the benefits but, more specifically the Air Force. I want to do intelligence it seems to fit me perfectly! Are there any vets here?? If so I would like to know if you all have any tips or advice for me?? Is there anything I should know that you might not have known before you joined up?? Really any tip or piece of advice that you could give is appreciated! Thanks and have a nice day!

Not a vet, I've heard stories that you definitely want to go to college first, if you get an injury and no longer are allowed to go in the military, it can be quite hard to find a job.
APPARENTLY IM FAMOUS ENOUGH TO HAVE IMPERSONATORS. 

ALWAYS CONFIRM WITH ME ON SITE.
This post is by a banned member (zobie3251) - Unhide
zobie3251  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(23 July, 2019 - 03:00 AM)KingKingKing Wrote: Show More

don't take it lightly, thats all i gotta say.
[Image: vSFZbp.jpg]

Check out my Nord VPN account shop!!
$1:100 accounts!!
https://shoppy.gg/product/aPhKwe6