Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Keto?

by Marley1777 - 14 September, 2019 - 05:43 AM
This post is by a banned member (Marley1777) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Warned #1
What’s the worst downsides on the Keto diet other than missing out on bread and cake? Everybody who is on it seems so positive about it - can’t find anyone who is like “did Keto, gained 20lbs and had massive constipation.”
This post is by a banned member (larsec) - Unhide
larsec  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Well I mean ketosis is a good state to be in, main bullet point is that the body is using fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates.

The better way (according to me, backed up in part by science) to take advantage of this is to do 10-day(ish) fasts. You'll be hungry for the first 1-3 days depending on your metabolism, while gradually switching your body over to using ketone bodies from fat for fuel.
This method has the advantage of burning less muscle (if you do moderate exercise, like walking for 30min-1hr/day), and after the first hunger period it disappears for a while. Many say that you should start eating again when you feel hungry for the second time, mostly because that's usually when your body's run out of nutrients.

I usually try to do one of these every couple of months, I find them more effective (and faaaaar easier) than a constant keto-diet. I can keep eating what I want, just not during those 10 days!

There are some good youtube videos about this by "What I've Learned". He does a good job of presenting the facts, backing it up with relevant science.
This post is by a banned member (xxOpenxx) - Unhide
xxOpenxx  
Contributor
Threads
4 Years of service
I dont recommend keto, this is not for evyerone
This post is by a banned member (NicholasBlake) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Carller) - Unhide
Carller  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(28 September, 2020 - 01:29 PM)NicholasBlake Wrote: Show More
The keto diet has no drawbacks. Believe me, you should try this diet. I'm telling you this as someone who lost 7 kg in two months on a keto diet. However, when I first saw the information about this diet, I thought it was utter nonsense and starved myself for weeks to lost at least on three kilograms. But then my sister told me about how she lost weight on this diet. Then she texted me about the https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy, and she told me to do everything exactly as it was written and to my surprise this diet helped me a lot.

I wish someone else could send me his opinion