Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

MMORPG's are Dead?

by Unusual - 21 October, 2019 - 05:29 PM
This post is by a banned member (dragonkun) - Unhide
dragonkun  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I generally like the genre, and have played from ro, pwi, tera online, forsaken world, eve online, among others. For at least a year each, the problem is that after a while everything becomes repetitive and bores the players, losing their population due to games with better mechanics or graphics and being half dead.
This post is by a banned member (raddir) - Unhide
raddir  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(21 October, 2019 - 05:29 PM)Unusual Wrote: Show More
Hello guys, as a big fan of MMORPG's, I feel like fans of the genre are not and will not be lucky.

I've crossed amazing games such as WoW, Cabal Online, Metin2, etc but the graphics are too old, and there is no decent friendly player base. I mean, where is that hype of jumping in the game, meeting people, playing with people, having lot of things to do? Now I feel like it's mostly solo playing, and the new MMORPG's out there are those asian cash grabbers shit, or even promising titles like Black Desert Online is mostly an AFK Simulator.

I really hope a big game will come soon, because I'm starting to lose hope when a "new published title" is for example WoW Classic. People starting to play a game that was release over a decade ago is just a huge facepalm.

What do you guys think?

i dont think so
poe still thriving but im optimstic
This post is by a banned member (pissfantastic) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I used to be a huge City of Heroes / Villains fan, and I've never found another MMORPG like it - I still dream about it sometimes, and it's been nearly 10 years since it shut down. Depressing as fuck. Has anyone seen anything like it?
This post is by a banned member (Sultan36) - Unhide
Sultan36  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Unfortunately it sounds, but still play WOW Classic and look forward to New World
This post is by a banned member (ztg) - Unhide
ztg  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Dungeons & Dragons Online, there you go.
This post is by a banned member (piledriver250ml) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Johntrasper12341234) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Definitely aren’t as good as they used to be. Just different as times change.
This post is by a banned member (Lodin) - Unhide
Lodin  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
MMORPGs have become an "AFK to win" sort of games, but that's because RPGs have reached the mobile devices, and they are a huge trend there.
There are other good MMORPGs out there with a decent playerbase (EVE, WoW, Metin2, TERA...), but I agree that those are quite old.