Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Man who spent 36 years in prison for stealing $50 from a bakery is now set to be free

by spidythor - 30 August, 2019 - 04:24 AM
This post is by a banned member (spidythor) - Unhide
spidythor  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Source of the News:-  https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-spent-36-y...d=65264675

for 50$ USD a man spent 36 year prison ? was that the true judgement ? I dont think so.

What you think tell your views !   ??
This post is by a banned member (StronK) - Unhide
StronK  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Warned #2
That has to be the most f'ked up sentence i've ever seen. Feel sorry for the dude
This post is by a banned member (Zombie) - Unhide
Zombie  
Retired Staff
Threads
5 Years of service
Imagine he cracked some accounts which is illegal too, he had get 1000 years kek
ONLY DISCORD: zombie#7550 (ID: 785571908267671613)
ONLY TELEGRAM: @zombie_dev

I DONT DO MM. CONFIRM ALWAYS VIA PM ON CRACKED!
This post is by a banned member (Iltenero) - Unhide
Iltenero  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Incredible: if you read carefully the arcticle it says that the law has been changed since then. Now he would face "only" 10 to 21 years in prison for the same crime, which is still incredibily non proportionate to the 50$ value.
Ok, it is repetitive crime, but according the article, also previous ones were always not violent and always small crimes (bakery, pump station). The message that law is passing there: if you decide that crime is the way for you, please do it seriously, small crimes are a bad investment.
I understand that there is opposite risk ( small crime going always unpunished, which leads to perception of non security for honest people), but I am afraid they simply counterbalanced too much.
This post is by a banned member (qazqwerty) - Unhide
qazqwerty  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
oh Alabama...
oh beurocracy....
oh big goverment how great u are... locking people up for 50 bucks....
with the costs it took to keep the guy in jail they could've buy how much bread...
oh Alabama....

fucking idiots.... beurocrats....
This post is by a banned member (nutcracker1) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 12 November, 2020 - 04:10 PM by nutcracker1.)
This is simply outrageous! I am now going through a correction officer school at https://www.becomeopedia.com/corrections-officer/ and hope that me and more people from my generation will be able to make a difference and actually mend the way this system works. I enrolled having watched a Netflix documentary about some afro american boys who did a lot of time by being charged with a group rape which they had never committed. I don't remember what the series was called but you can find it on Netflix top picks.
This post is by a banned member (biggysmallz) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
F#cked up system, just see who is the current president..