Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Netflix's Witcher?

by sjs88 - 23 December, 2019 - 03:42 AM
This post is by a banned member (sjs88) - Unhide
sjs88  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Haven't watched it yet but just saw previews but it looks like is a knock off of GOT???
This post is by a banned member (Grayzcale) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (blitzmx) - Unhide
blitzmx  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
The show is really heavy in terms of story telling (still couldn’t explain all things though) but really good show overall.
This post is by a banned member (godslayer) - Unhide
godslayer  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I wasn't familiar with the witcher's story and at times it was a bit confusing and I didn't know what to expect. In some ways at the beginning it reminded me of GOT but maybe just because of the settings and scenery. Averall I've enjoyed it quite a lot (despite the confusion i felt because of the plot timeline)
This post is by a banned member (pyro8367) - Unhide
pyro8367  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I had to look up a few things to understand what was going on, but I really enjoyed the show overall.
This post is by a banned member (quitten) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Ilysm) - Unhide
Ilysm  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 15 January, 2020 - 10:46 PM by Ilysm.)
My boyfriend whose read all the books and played the game had a hard time following it for some reason given how timeline jumps back and forth. I barely made it through half the first book before I DNF'd it but was able to discern what was past and what was present. I enjoyed it, but then I don't know source material so I can't complain as an avid fan could.

Not really game of thrones-y, as Geralt doesn't really care about thrones and kings and shit, so it isn't too much of a political fantasy. I liked it though, Geralt and Yennefer were hot, looking forward to more Triss who hopefully gets better.
This post is by a banned member (Jeevyvan) - Unhide
Jeevyvan  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Toss a coin to your Witcher! 

Sadly its gonna be a long while before Season 2. My only gripe is with Ynnefer's casting, Eva Green would have been perfect!