Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

People who nap regularly may be less likely to suffer a heart attack.

by AlligatourSkies - 12 December, 2019 - 04:07 AM
This post is by a banned member (AlligatourSkies) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 12 December, 2019 - 04:08 AM by AlligatourSkies.)
Quote:Researchers began analyzing health and sleep data in 2009 from 3,642 randomly selected participants ages 35 to 75 in Lausanne, Switzerland, who were recruited through the Swiss national health survey CoLaus. Scientists first asked about their previous weekly nap frequency and continued monitoring them for an average of five years per participant.

Most — 58 percent — did not nap regularly. About one in five people (19 percent) said they took one to two naps in a week, and about one in 10 (12 percent) took to three to five naps weekly, with about the same share (11 percent) taking near-daily naps.

Those who did not nap at all had a 48 percent higher likelihood of experiencing a stroke, heart attack or failure compared to those who napped once or twice a week. This result held up against age, nighttime sleep duration and daytime sleepiness, blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease risk factors and depression. Only those with severe sleep apnea or age 65 and up were excluded from the benefits.

However, those who napped between three and seven times a week had a 67 percent increased risk of heart-related risks, and also typically the worst health profiles — often older men, sleep apnea sufferers, smokers and overweight people. They also slept longer hours overnight, and still reported more daytime sleepiness. However, that risk was all but eliminated when those risk factors were removed. No link between nap duration and cardiovascular events was found.

Source
    [Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...352e676966]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9039064]
This post is by a banned member (Malau) - Unhide
Malau  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I sleep more than I am awake, am I immortal?
This post is by a banned member (nepalibeast) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Thanks for this helpful information.
This post is by a banned member (idonotlikefire) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Companies really need to start adding naps to our routines. I think there was some research that said humans used to have two sleeps a night. THey'd wake in the middle and like sit around and read or something.
This post is by a banned member (achrefe123) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 December, 2019 - 04:07 AM)AlligatourSkies Wrote: Show More
Quote:Researchers began analyzing health and sleep data in 2009 from 3,642 randomly selected participants ages 35 to 75 in Lausanne, Switzerland, who were recruited through the Swiss national health survey CoLaus. Scientists first asked about their previous weekly nap frequency and continued monitoring them for an average of five years per participant.

Most — 58 percent — did not nap regularly. About one in five people (19 percent) said they took one to two naps in a week, and about one in 10 (12 percent) took to three to five naps weekly, with about the same share (11 percent) taking near-daily naps.

Those who did not nap at all had a 48 percent higher likelihood of experiencing a stroke, heart attack or failure compared to those who napped once or twice a week. This result held up against age, nighttime sleep duration and daytime sleepiness, blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease risk factors and depression. Only those with severe sleep apnea or age 65 and up were excluded from the benefits.

However, those who napped between three and seven times a week had a 67 percent increased risk of heart-related risks, and also typically the worst health profiles — often older men, sleep apnea sufferers, smokers and overweight people. They also slept longer hours overnight, and still reported more daytime sleepiness. However, that risk was all but eliminated when those risk factors were removed. No link between nap duration and cardiovascular events was found.

Source

yes thats true
This post is by a banned member (hamster777) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Well I nap and sleep a lot like 2-3 times a day esp in this covid times it's getting worse. Dunno I just love to sleep lol. Usually I awake on nights and take a few hours of sleeping af in the morning
This post is by a banned member (anonref) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (TacticalKarma) - Unhide