Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Quality of Life Suggestion

by Ping - 02 March, 2022 - 07:26 AM
This post is by a banned member (Ping) - Unhide
Ping  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
5 Years of service
========================================================================================================================

Quality of Life Suggestion for Post Replies
Improvement to functionality
========================================================================================================================

There have been more than a handful of times in which I find myself spending time highlighting a member's username,
pasting it to the message box for replying to a thread, re-highlighting the text in order to remove the text formatting of it being connected to an anchor tag's href attribute for hyperlinks,
and then finally appending and '@' symbol to the beginning of it.

All of these additional steps could be bypassed, resulting in saving time and providing an easy quality of life improvement to the forum.

The question to be answered now; How would such an implementation work?
To this question, I would offer the following starting point as my answer.

The functionality of the tagging system already is in existence on this forum, however, there is to my knowledge,
not a shorthanded way in which one could quickly and simply reference a tag to the original poster of the thread (The "OP").

I purpose the potential for such a shorthand. Perhaps in the form of one of the following example excerpts.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
[color=#ffffff][size=large][font=Times New Roman,Times,serif]@<op>
@@
@[op]
~OP
~op~
[@][/font][/size][/color]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the above, I have depicted a small list of examples for possible shorthand reference.
This would in theory automatically refer to the original poster of the thread once posted.
This would accomplish the aforementioned dilemma stated previously in my suggestion.

This concludes my quality of life suggestion.

I look forward to seeing the feedback from other members of the community on this suggestion and reading the discussions against it and for its usefulness and the potential of its future implementation on the forum.

Have a nice day, or night respectively.

-Regards,

@Ping

[DM to purchase Signature Ad Slots]

[Ping's PGP Key]
I am NOT affiliated with any "Ping" shops, or services being marketed over this forum.
Before conducting any form of business confirm my identity through onsite PM.
This post is by a banned member (Raw) - Unhide
Raw  
Godlike
Threads
3 Years of service
Love you @Ping.
ALWAYS CONFIRM MY IDENTITY THROUGH PM

[Image: MlYZIy5.jpg]
This post is by a banned member (Barry) - Unhide
Barry  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
4 Years of service
Nice suggestion ! Same like discord where we @ and type first letter of username it shows suggestions.

It will save some time
[Image: v6F3tGP.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it

[Image: itOX2Dq.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it
This post is by a banned member (Hans69son) - Unhide
Hans69son  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
I like the idea
[Image: cRSIo2W.gif]