Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Should i stay at windows or should i switch to linux?

by Spawater - 01 July, 2020 - 09:55 PM
This post is by a banned member (Spawater) - Unhide
Spawater  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
this is an hard thing for me as i spend most off the time on gaming but i heard gaming in linux is bad and stuff so should i switch because i wanna start programming stuff to? Wooow
This post is by a banned member (mrdrka) - Unhide
mrdrka  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(01 July, 2020 - 09:55 PM)Spawater Wrote: Show More
this is an hard thing for me as i spend most off the time on gaming but i heard gaming in linux is bad and stuff so should i switch because i wanna start programming stuff to? Wooow

Gaming on Linux? Good luck.

Dual boot is an option for you to keep your gaming experience and have Linux.
This post is by a banned member (DeadGirl666) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
Partition your drive and test linux out.  You can duel boot windows and linux to get a feel for how your games run under both OS.  I did it for school.  It's not hard and anyone with enough computer knowledge to run linux can figure it out.  You can find all sorts of info online about how to do it.
They were all so beautiful in their pain, and all like angels when they died...
This post is by a banned member (xCanadaRulesIV) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I personally think you should stay at windows due to the possibilities.
This post is by a banned member (FaultyKalty) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
Definitely recommend dual booting. Use windows for gaming, and use any linux distro for your other tasks.
This post is by a banned member (DrNattie) - Unhide
DrNattie  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
If you aren't completely sure you want to full time switch to programming I'd recommend to stay on windows since it can be difficult to game on Linux. I'd recommend taking your time to figure out what you'd like to do before you make that big of a decision.
This post is by a banned member (Xevode) - Unhide
Xevode  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 27 July, 2020 - 06:15 AM by Xevode.)
Why not both? 

You can always run a Live Linux USB with optional Persistence, and plug that into your PC whenever you want to code, it's portable, and clean depending on your use case, you could also Simply partition a section of your boot drive, or have a separate drive dedicated to Linux.

You don't have to go one way, or the other. It's easy, and cheap to setup a Dual Boot. Also way less of a hassle then learning how to adapt gaming habits just for Linux, even if Steam makes it EZ(er) with Proton.

Take it from me, I spent years jumping between dedicating myself to one, or the other before I took the time to try Live USB, and I'm never going back to how things was.
[Image: Xevode.png]
This post is by a banned member (xamuel) - Unhide
xamuel  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
You can code most stuff on Windows- if you require Linux to code you can dualboot. There is also an option where you reserve your gpu to a windows vm and game on that while running a host linux distro.
Hackerman