Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Speedtest.net download speed slow

by Jack004u - 08 July, 2020 - 02:46 AM
This post is by a banned member (Jack004u) - Unhide
Jack004u  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
I like watching streaming videos in the usa but they seem to buffer. I did a download speed test to a usa server and it came out 0.6 mbps and if I do it to my local isp server in the uk then the download speed is 35 mbps with Speedtest.net.  Does anyone know how to fix this speed issue?
I need a knockout kick
This post is by a banned member (ScytherDorkz) - Unhide
Jack004u  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(08 July, 2020 - 02:47 AM)TheShred Wrote: Show More
I suggest changing your DNS to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, Other than that theres not much you can realistically do to increase internet speed. Unless your limited by hardware which from that test shows your not you may want to change ISP.

Hello

I already have cloudflare dns on my router, but it has made no difference to the speed. I also tried windscribe vpn and the results are still similar.
I need a knockout kick
This post is by a banned member (ScytherDorkz) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (royalo) - Unhide
royalo  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Do you have an VPN Router?? Which Hardware do you use....I use an Asus Router with no Problems like streaming
Jack004u  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 08 July, 2020 - 02:50 PM by Jack004u.)
(08 July, 2020 - 03:09 AM)TheShred Wrote: Show More
(08 July, 2020 - 02:55 AM)Jack004u Wrote: Show More
(08 July, 2020 - 02:47 AM)TheShred Wrote: Show More
I suggest changing your DNS to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, Other than that theres not much you can realistically do to increase internet speed. Unless your limited by hardware which from that test shows your not you may want to change ISP.

Hello

I already have cloudflare dns on my router, but it has made no difference to the speed. I also tried windscribe vpn and the results are still similar.

A VPN will only slow things down, it will never increase internet speed, unless you have a particularly odd connection, what internet speed do you pay for? Usually ISPS give a certain speed, 100Mbs,1000mbs, 10mbs, 50mbs, etc

I have EE broadband which is 40 mbps download and 8 mbps upload. Before when I did a speed test to any part of the world it would come to about 20 mbps on Speedtest.net. But now it seems odds and I don't understand why the speeds are so slow.

(08 July, 2020 - 07:52 AM)royalo Wrote: Show More
Do you have an VPN Router?? Which Hardware do you use....I use an Asus Router with no Problems like streaming

I have an EE broadband smart router without a vpn built inside and I only added cloudflare dns server into the router settings.

I tried an experiment, with my ethernet connection it is 0.6mbps and with my wireless usb dongle it is 27mbps.  Could it be a setting in the ethernet settings menu? Or something else?
I need a knockout kick
This post is by a banned member (royalo) - Unhide
royalo  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Ahh okay...that i didn´t know sorry...I only can help to config the asus Router.