Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Lets clarify a few things

by Liars - 27 November, 2020 - 03:20 PM
This post is by a banned member (Liars) - Unhide
Liars  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
5 Years of service
Okay, the title was clickbaity but, somehow we got to get them views.

I just want to clear up few things that people seem to misunderstand.
NameCheap is a regular domain registrar just like any other, they do not advertise themselves to be an offshore or privacy friendly registrar either which is what many people misunderstand. It is also meant to be used for legal websites and projects only.

I could like to talk about Offshore/Dmca/Bulletproof as people seem to misunderstand what these three things mean.
The word "offshore" could apply to many things, but if we relate it to the Internet, it could mean the following:
With offshoreness you may have a lot of benefits and some of those are:
  1. tax evading, save yourself a lot of money, especially useful if you are a businessman.
  2. independent, usually countries that are "offshore" do not depend on any other country and are exotic.
  3. privacy friendly, you could take advantage over the fact that your jurisdiction does not expose your personal information if you for example own a company there.
  4. laws, if you pick the right "offshore" jurisdiction you may be able to skip and ignore some cyber laws, this does not apply to all, but only few. from here you must research on your own, it is not as simple as just going on google and searching for "best offshore jurisdiction for cyber crime". I am also not here to give you lessons on how to be an elite cyber gangster, sorry.
The word "DMCA" or "Digital Millennium Copyright Act" does not guarantee your service to be "offshore" nor "bulletproof".
"DMCA" is actually originally an US law and most EU countries do not have to comply with it.
When someone tells you that they ignore DMCA you are basically getting scammed because unless you will be hosting copyrighted content then you do not really have any benefit of this.

The word "bulletproof" is a vague way to express being immune to abuse reports, the government and various cyber laws. It is impossible to accomplish this and anyone promising you such thing is lying to you. You can only accomplish "near-bulletproof", but true "bulletproof" is not possible at all. This is a good and bad thing for some people, but I wish to not discuss further about it because I have already made a fair point on this theme.

I have announced this on https://ved.archi/post/V4NN8QqRzR_Ig1Xo

If you have learned something you can donate here: https://ved.archi/donate.html
 [Image: v6F3tGP.gif]
Top spot ad by @briskybrisk [ EXP -5/18/2024]

[Image: 3KRc17x.gif]

Ad by @Bears - expiring 6/4/2024

[Image: Banner.gif]

AD by  @GoodEatsB4U exp 5/19/2024
This post is by a banned member (Hans69) - Unhide
Hans69  
Retired Staff
Threads
5 Years of service
Wtf Hans