Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Still seeking participants

by CaptechPhD - 28 January, 2024 - 08:02 PM
This post is by a banned member (CaptechPhD) - Unhide
Threads
(This post was last modified: 28 January, 2024 - 08:32 PM by CaptechPhD.)
Calling all current and former criminal hackers/blackhats. 

I am still seeking participants for my PhD research examining how people come to be involved in hacking activities. I am not collecting and personal identity information - you can remain ANONYMOUS. I am also not asking any details about crimes committed. 

Participation involves one interview with me, which can be done via text/messaging. You can choose the platform that you are most comfortable with. It is an easy process and totally painless. Participation is completely voluntary. You must be 18 years or older to participate. 

If you are willing to help me out with my dissertation research, please reach out. I would love to chat with you. 

If you are on Discord or Telegram you can also connect with me there - CaptechPhD.

(28 January, 2024 - 08:05 PM)Spooky Wrote: Show More
haha if this is real thats so cool hahahahah

I assure you that my research is very real. I am seeking anyone with experience, past or present, accessing computer systems without authorization, engaging in spamming or phishing, credential sniffing, exfiltrating data from systems . . . I don't want to ask about specific activities but rather about what lead to the individual becoming involved in hacking activities in the first place. I have conducted a number of interviews already. If you have any of the above experience and are willing to chat with me, please reach out!
This post is by a banned member (Spooky) - Unhide
Spooky  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
haha if this is real thats so cool hahahahah
This post is by a banned member (Kap0ne) - Unhide
Kap0ne  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
I'm sure all the hackers out there will be lining up to participate in your study. I mean, who wouldn't want to share their illegal activities with some random guy online claiming he has a PHD? It's not like they have anything better to do. Good luck!
[Image: banner.gif]

SELLING MY SIGNATURE SPACE ⭐ https://cracked.io/Thread-SELLING-SIGNAT...S--1452584

[Image: Comp-1-min.gif]
Threads
(29 January, 2024 - 12:39 AM)Kap0ne Wrote: Show More
I'm sure all the hackers out there will be lining up to participate in your study. I mean, who wouldn't want to share their illegal activities with some random guy online claiming he has a PHD? It's not like they have anything better to do. Good luck!

You are right. Most hackers won't volunteer. They will not be motivated to correct misconceptions out there. As I mentioned in my post, I am not asking specific questions about illegal activities. My research is about how people get involved in hacking. I am not looking for details about crimes - that's not my focus. I also didn't claim that I have a PhD. I said I am working towards getting my PhD. That is why I am doing this research - for my dissertation.  

Here's the thing. I am highly motivated to get my PhD. So if that means I have to keep trying until I find those hackers that will help me out, that is what I am going to do. I have already chatted with several for my research. So they exist. 

And if you decide sometime that you want to help out a fellow human being who is working hard to reach a goal, then I would be happy to chat with you (if you fall into the category of individuals I am trying to reach). If not, that's okay and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post.
This post is by a banned member (9xx9) - Unhide
9xx9  
Threads
What is the thesis of your dissertation?

(29 January, 2024 - 11:54 PM)CaptechPhD Wrote: Show More

You are right. Most hackers won't volunteer. They will not be motivated to correct misconceptions out there. As I mentioned in my post, I am not asking specific questions about illegal activities. My research is about how people get involved in hacking. I am not looking for details about crimes - that's not my focus. I also didn't claim that I have a PhD. I said I am working towards getting my PhD. That is why I am doing this research - for my dissertation.  

Here's the thing. I am highly motivated to get my PhD. So if that means I have to keep trying until I find those hackers that will help me out, that is what I am going to do. I have already chatted with several for my research. So they exist. 

And if you decide sometime that you want to help out a fellow human being who is working hard to reach a goal, then I would be happy to chat with you (if you fall into the category of individuals I am trying to reach). If not, that's okay and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post.
Threads
(30 January, 2024 - 03:10 PM)9xx9 Wrote: Show More

My dissertation is exploratory, looking at the pathways that lead people into hacking activities. For example, some people start out gaming and then start moding games and this leads into hacking other systems - that would be one possible pathway. I am also considering other factors that might correlate to hacking - basically factors in the individual life that might make them more likely to hack or hack the right skill set for hacking.
This post is by a banned member (9xx9) - Unhide
9xx9  
Threads
(This post was last modified: 30 January, 2024 - 06:15 PM by 9xx9. Edited 1 time in total.)
This is not a thesis: "My dissertation is exploratory" Your PhD supervisor won't allow you to not have a thesis, even a working thesis.

Sorry, I should have asked "What is your stated thesis for your dissertation?" What is the title of your dissertation?

What are you going to defend when you present?

(30 January, 2024 - 04:49 PM)CaptechPhD Wrote: Show More

My dissertation is exploratory, looking at the pathways that lead people into hacking activities. For example, some people start out gaming and then start moding games and this leads into hacking other systems - that would be one possible pathway. I am also considering other factors that might correlate to hacking - basically factors in the individual life that might make them more likely to hack or hack the right skill set for hacking.
Threads
(30 January, 2024 - 06:11 PM)9xx9 Wrote: Show More
This is not a thesis: "My dissertation is exploratory" Your PhD supervisor won't allow you to not have a thesis, even a working thesis.

Sorry, I should have asked "What is your stated thesis for your dissertation?" What is the title of your dissertation?

What are you going to defend when you present?

(30 January, 2024 - 04:49 PM)CaptechPhD Wrote: Show More

My dissertation is being conducted across three manuscripts. The study I am currently working on is for my second paper. This paper involves qualitative research (interviews) examining the pathways and factors that lead to people engaging in hacking activities. So I am looking at background factors that may correlate with hacking. As this is qualitative and exploratory in nature I do not have preconceived hypotheses. This study will lead to my final study which will use a survey design that is informed through what I find in the current paper. Does this answer your question?