Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Disallow users tracking users on-site

by Mastiff - 01 March, 2021 - 11:52 AM
This post is by a banned member (Mastiff) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (aax) - Unhide
aax  
Godlike
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 01 March, 2021 - 12:30 PM by aax.)
Do you just assume cutt.ly lets you see users IP or you know for a fact? This is a really stupid post unless you know for sure, I would assume cuttly let's you sort by country etc but won't let you see the individual IPs for sure lmao
This post is by a banned member (TimHortons) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
I get your point, but I'm sure a high amount of sellers (including me) have trackers put in place on their websites to see where the main source of customers arrive

This post is by a banned member (TimHortons) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(01 March, 2021 - 01:29 PM)Mastiff Wrote: Show More
(01 March, 2021 - 01:21 PM)TimHortons Wrote: Show More
I get your point, but I'm sure a high amount of sellers (including me) have trackers put in place on their websites to see where the main source of customers arrive

"I don't mind if admins can access my logs or my own account, or if people make their own sites and track users there."
That's your site, so it's okay. I don't think anyone would expect the same level of privacy they expect when using the forum.

But what's the point of logging users data when they click on threads? Why are people allowed to do it? That's the issue.
One thing is site administrators having regular site logs, and another thing is users using a third-party logging service for on-site content.

I get your point now, but most if not all the people who do this, is to be able to shrink the url so they are able to send the whole message without it being cropped out.

That being said, if it is possible for it to be used as a way of grabbing people's ips, then it should not be allowed

This post is by a banned member (aax) - Unhide
aax  
Godlike
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 01 March, 2021 - 02:08 PM by aax.)
(01 March, 2021 - 01:04 PM)Mastiff Wrote: Show More
(01 March, 2021 - 12:29 PM)aax Wrote: Show More
Do you just assume cutt.ly lets you see users IP or you know for a fact? This is a really stupid post unless you know for sure, I would assume cuttly let's you sort by country etc but won't let you see the individual IPs for sure lmao

"Cutt.ly has a $25 plan where you can view each user's statistics, which I assume also includes IP addresses."
I don't have a Pro plan, Cutt.ly logs IPs for a fact (privacy policy), I don't know whether or not they provide individual IPs.

I'm also not sure why this would be a stupid post. Is there any particular reason you think it's not a big deal if people are able to find out your OS, PC brand, browser version, language and geolocation?
Would you mind giving me that data right now? Is it a problem if I get a warrant to seize digital evidence and ask Cutt.ly (which does not promote cybercrime) to provide profilation data of Cracked.to users?

Yes, here  you go: UK, desktop, en-uk, windows 10. Just like tens of millions of people. What are you going to do with this now?

Why don't you protect yourself rather than crying about some website and making a stupid clickbait post (yes it is stupid as hell)? If you are worried about being caught because of cutt.ly, then you have much bigger problems regarding your online security mate.

And again, any proof of people being able to find out your IP via cutt.ly? I find this to be highly illegal and doubt you will get it if you pay 25$ lmao. You literally talk out of your ass without any source or proofs, but it really doesn't matter - everything is tracking you and logging your data today and using your geolocation, device type, OS, where you clicked from etc. and that's completely normal and you should protect yourself rather than bitching about it if you care so much.

This post looks you are holding a grudge against @RedZX more than anything else lmao