Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Prohibit sharing thread links in the Shoutbox

by CiscoRamon - 23 August, 2020 - 10:45 AM
This post is by a banned member (CiscoRamon) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
[Image: 8rmuKNj.png]

I remember this rule was strictly implemented when I had newly joined the forum but has been neglected in recent times.
As it has been stated in the rules that
THE SHOUTBOX IS MAINLY FOR CHIT-CHAT
therefore people should be prohibited from sharing their links in the shout box as an attempt to bump it.
There is "Bump this thread" button which should be used if a thread needs to be promoted again and again.
If sharing to another person, the whisper option is always available to use.

Sharing Links of Sales thread, Giveaway links etc are indirectly amounts to selling a product and asking for likes.

I am sure the staff can do something about it because misuse of these loopholes renders the presence of Rules useless.
I DO NOT OWN ANY SERVICE.
IF ANYONE CLAIMS THE SAME, IGNORE THEM AND DO NOT ENGAGE.

[Image: TWwziN2.gif]

[Image: 2ubdBNz.gif]

BEWARE OF IMPERSONATORS. ALWAYS CONFIRM ON THE FORUM
This post is by a banned member (SRoy) - Unhide
SRoy  
Heaven
Threads
4 Years of service
Let's say people are Chatting about a thread, now one person joins in late and has no idea what people are talking about. If sharing links were banned, the new guy would have no idea of what people are talking about, unless someone gives him a thread link, which you suggest to be banned.

I say make a cooldown basis. So, one person can only share links every few mins.
[Image: 5zBS6Ww.gif]

Always confirm on-site DM.
Threads
4 Years of service
(23 August, 2020 - 10:50 AM)SRoy Wrote: Show More
Let's say people are Chatting about a thread, now one person joins in late and has no idea what people are talking about. If sharing links were banned, the new guy would have no idea of what people are talking about, unless someone gives him a thread link, which you suggest to be banned.

I say make a cooldown basis. So, one person can only share links every few mins.

If the conversation has been a long about a thread then the newcomer won't be able to see the link anyway because the number of messages the Shout box holds. If the newcomer wants to know the topic of discussion then the link can always be whispered to him. This is about a discussion which is different but people have been using the shout box to promote their threads, such threads which will bring up no discussion on it. 

I am not asking for any new rule, just the actual prevalent rule to be implemented more sincerely.

This post is by a banned member (clap) - Unhide
clap  
Godlike
Threads
5 Years of service
The rule you listed obviously meant to apply towards Sales threads.
[Image: RbHa2BA.gif]

Always confirm via PM before dealing with me.
Threads
4 Years of service
(23 August, 2020 - 04:35 PM)iclapcheeks Wrote: Show More
The rule you listed obviously meant to apply towards Sales threads.

I agree with you but it wasn't just limited to that as far as I remember. However, people are also sharing their sales thread links which goes unnoticed. Kappa

This post is by a banned member (Barry) - Unhide
Barry  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
4 Years of service
Normal thread link are allowed u can share if it is required according to situation... Selling/shop link are prohibited. If someone is using link for asking for likes that is not acceptable...
all depends on situation... if a guy is uselessly sharing his thread with no cause then warn him.
[Image: ItoMCXt.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it

[Image: itOX2Dq.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it
Threads
4 Years of service
(25 August, 2020 - 11:10 AM)Barry Wrote: Show More
Normal thread link are allowed u can share if it is required according to situation... Selling/shop link are prohibited. If someone is using link for asking for likes that is not acceptable...
all depends on situation... if a guy is uselessly sharing his thread with no cause then warn him.

I don't wish to get more STFU replies saying I am not a mod. KSZ 

Anyway, people do share their links without a reason because they want to promote it and with the hidden agenda of getting likes. :pepo: I believe you understand what I am implying at.

This post is by a banned member (Barry) - Unhide
Barry  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
4 Years of service
(25 August, 2020 - 11:29 AM)CiscoRamon Wrote: Show More
(25 August, 2020 - 11:10 AM)Barry Wrote: Show More

I don't wish to get more STFU replies saying I am not a mod. KSZ 

Anyway, people do share their links without a reason because they want to promote it and with the hidden agenda of getting likes. :pepo: I believe you understand what I am implying at.

hmm clever people do that kek .
[Image: ItoMCXt.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it

[Image: itOX2Dq.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it