Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Unable to sleep? unable to rest? Read this

by slacker23 - 16 February, 2024 - 12:47 PM
This post is by a banned member (slacker23) - Unhide
slacker23  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
(This post was last modified: 16 February, 2024 - 01:32 PM by slacker23.)
Hello guys,

I'll get straight to the point.

I've been battling with insomnia during my whole life, getting 2 hours of sleep per night which is something i don't wish for anyone, i've spent 3-4 years studying this field i will share with you which things made me get 8 hours of high quality sleep.

Humans nowadays lacks 2 essential things for our body which are vitamin D and magnesium, both elements have a direct impact on the rest (you WON'T fall asleep faster, bou you'll get a deep rest) and are compatible among eachother, you can take'em separately but it won't give you a great result.

Vitamin D is truly hard to get since most humans spent 8+ hours in an office, and magnesium is basically imposible to obtain through diet (you'd need to eat an insane amount of food daily to get optimal levels of magnesium on your body)

Of course i'm not a doctor and i'm just sharing with you my experiences over the years (this is not medical advice), but if you're struggling getting sleep or rest, i highly suggest you to take a look into vitamin D and magnesium supplement, you'll notice the improvement almost immediately  [Image: pepeglad.png]

This is a bump
This post is by a banned member (hyein) - Unhide
hyein  
Infinity
Threads
1 Year of service
do you think this could correlate to having overstimulate dopamine hits? like watching too much short form content, sometimes its hard for me to sleep because my minds keep telling me to scroll more and stuff
[Image: RtJevsM.png]
This post is by a banned member (internetbroke) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
diving deep into another specific thing that could help one or two people:
melatonin production is important too // or just good "sleep hygiene"
cut blue light (electronics) at least one hour before bed, if you're going to use anything, make sure it's low brightness, not close to your face and on night mode // or even black and white if you can deal with that
I turn on automatic night mode at my PC starting at like 6pm and 6:45pm on my phone (mostly cause I don't use it that much) - those things helped me

for more general tips just google "sleep hygiene"
This post is by a banned member (traegh) - Unhide
traegh  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Cool to hear what's helped you with sleep. Vitamin D and magnesium, huh?
Never would've thought they'd make such a diff, but I'm down to give it a shot. Always good to hear what works for others.
greatly appreciated, imma try
[Image: ban2.gif]
slacker23  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
(This post was last modified: 18 February, 2024 - 04:19 PM by slacker23.)
(17 February, 2024 - 12:56 AM)hyein Wrote: Show More
do you think this could correlate to having overstimulate dopamine hits? like watching too much short form content, sometimes its hard for me to sleep because my minds keep telling me to scroll more and stuff

More than likely, specially if you're watching Tiktok/reels before sleeping, i suggest you to cut every screen interaction at least 40 minutes before sleeping.

Turn off the phone, take a long shower and then go sleep immediately

(17 February, 2024 - 07:55 PM)traegh Wrote: Show More
Cool to hear what's helped you with sleep. Vitamin D and magnesium, huh?
Never would've thought they'd make such a diff, but I'm down to give it a shot. Always good to hear what works for others.
greatly appreciated, imma try
Glad to help!

Try to get both supplements early in the morning, every body is a world but for me i need to get it early in the morning because i absorb the magnesium super slowly, if i take it lets say 6PM it won't make any difference when it comes to sleeping and i'd probably rest horribly
slacker23  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Bumped #6
This is a bump
This post is by a banned member (Diamond) - Unhide
Diamond  
Supreme
Threads
1 Year of service