Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

What's your take on the Epic Game Store?

by haglin - 20 February, 2019 - 09:51 AM
This post is by a banned member (haglin) - Unhide
haglin  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Epic, the developers of Unreal Tournament, the original Gears of War Trilogy and you know, Fortnite, launched a PC digital storefront in December. Their big selling point to developers over why they should choose them over Steam, is that they offer a bigger chunk of the sales revenue. Epic plans on selling all of their future PC releases exclusively on the store. They've also gotten into a bit of a controversy by paying a few other developers to release games only on their store. Notably, Metro Exodus will be exclusive to Epic Games Store for one year. That caused a ruckus because it was available to preorder on Steam for over a year.

So, what's your take on all this? Do you like the idea of more places to buy PC games? Or is it Steam or death? Do you even pay for PC games? lol
This post is by a banned member (FiddlyLight) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
Personally I'm a person who likes to remove as much bloatware to keep my PC at optimum so having multiple stores on PC is annoying for me, I am currently using Origin and Steam which i don't like and would much prefer one. So overall i wish that there was one store for all gamers.
This post is by a banned member (s67) - Unhide
s67  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
If epic games increase their security then I’ll be alright with it. Had to delete my account a few weeks ago as someone kept getting into it.
This post is by a banned member (Ashfox) - Unhide
Ashfox  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
First, Fortnite take my acc :(
This post is by a banned member (poorman) - Unhide
poorman  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Just deleted my account with them.
This post is by a banned member (MysticWasTaken) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(20 February, 2019 - 09:51 AM)haglin Wrote: Show More
Epic, the developers of Unreal Tournament, the original Gears of War Trilogy and you know, Fortnite, launched a PC digital storefront in December. Their big selling point to developers over why they should choose them over Steam, is that they offer a bigger chunk of the sales revenue. Epic plans on selling all of their future PC releases exclusively on the store. They've also gotten into a bit of a controversy by paying a few other developers to release games only on their store. Notably, Metro Exodus will be exclusive to Epic Games Store for one year. That caused a ruckus because it was available to preorder on Steam for over a year.

So, what's your take on all this? Do you like the idea of more places to buy PC games? Or is it Steam or death? Do you even pay for PC games? lol

id rather play on origin kek
This post is by a banned member (banonkiel) - Unhide
banonkiel  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
When I heard about Exodus being exclusive to Epic Games only, I was pissed asf.

I honestly wish for fair competition.
but on the side, fuck epic games. I like steam more.
This post is by a banned member (batman321) - Unhide
batman321  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Dont like most of there games so i dont care too much about them