Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

What should I learn?

by ONIO3 - 18 February, 2020 - 09:52 PM
This post is by a banned member (ONIO3) - Unhide
ONIO3  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Hello guys... I wanted to get into the android development with java.. so ofcourse java is also used for software programming so what in specific do we call Java for android development and if someone has some links please do tell
This post is by a banned member (Segu) - Unhide
Segu  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Firstly, learn Java. This is not 1 day, 1 week or 1 month. You need to spend a lot of time to learn how it works.
This post is by a banned member (cas) - Unhide
cas  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Legitimately, even on a site like this, use free code camp. It's pretty damn good at what you want to learn (20 years java teaching others). It takes you through the fundamentals and down into the depths. 8hrs a day you can soar through it in a couple of weeks, that's step 1.
Step 2 is build something, make a bunch of mistakes and learn from them.
Step 3 is leetcode then go apply at amazon or something and make half a million a year.
This post is by a banned member (bitehujo57) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (bootygrease) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Create an intellij account to start praticing
This post is by a banned member (Rapri) - Unhide
Rapri  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Ah yes! Finally something i can contribute to this community. 

I just started learning CS and engineering at a top 20 uni of the world (humble brag :P) and most of my first year revolved around java. So ill write a short summary of what you should know.  
If you are starting in this section you should basically learn about the various features java provides. Heres a list of *some* of the things you should be focusing on 

Section 1 :  Learn the basis 
1) Loops : Learn about various types of loops, each has an advantage and disadvantage learn them. 
2) Object oriented programming principles : OOP was the main thing that made java unique at the time it was released. if you want to master java you MUST understand why this is such a big deal and why it is so powerful. 
3) j-unit testing : Learn to write tests, java just like many languages has ALOT of features and you CAN NOT possibly memorise/master everything, that is why you must test the code you write because maybe you think it will run in some way but its actually running in another way due to some specific data structure implementation. Testing is a must. 
4) Algorithms and data structures : Java (like most languages) proves a platter of data structures, all with their own strengths and weaknesses which make them very situational. Take for example a hashTable DS, it provides O(1) insertion and retrieval so you might be tempted to always use a hashTable, but they are slow for ordered retrieval/insertion, in this case its better to use a tree based DS
This post is by a banned member (goodoldie) - Unhide
goodoldie  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
for me the most important thing about learning how to program be it for mobile is to understand the lifecycle of the program. To understand what gets called first and next.
This post is by a banned member (AdamixTheGreat) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
go to university is best option, computer science,..you ll learn tons of programming languages, structural programming and also object oriented