Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

disposal of old bad ammo.?

by MurrayYvonne - 22 July, 2021 - 09:13 AM
This post is by a banned member (MurrayYvonne) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 22 July, 2021 - 09:14 AM by MurrayYvonne.)
I have about 100-150 rounds of ammo that needs to be disposed or destroyed. I would NOT fire any of these. These came from the homes of relatives long passed away. Some are centerfire of various common chamberings, either badly corroded or "mystery reloads", neither of which I trust at all. The shotshells are all of the same box, and all seeming to swell and splitting their casing. (cause? )
I have taken this to two different city police offices, one sherrif's office and one waste disposal "hazardous waste toss day". All treated it like I'd toted in a basket of cobras, and none would suggest anything other than, "give that to someone who will take it......" :rolleyes:

Any suggestions, etc. are appreciated. I am tired of this box of junk ammo taking up space. I reckon I can pull all the bullets and shot and soak it in old oil,.......
Anyone want this? :) I am in west-central Little Rock, and am in Hot Springs and Conway frequently.
This post is by a banned member (anmclean) - Unhide
anmclean  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
I don't know, I think that you have to be cautious with that stuff, because it is a little too dangerous to simply throw it away. For example, you can find a company where you could go and destroy that old ammo, or you can also buy or rent a bin and keep it there safe. A good place to rent one is 186needabin.com. The quality of the plastic is very good, and you have the guarantee that if you have locked the container, it will only be opened again by you. No kids, animals or homeless people will ever be able to see what’s inside!
This post is by a banned member (frostedflaker88) - Unhide