Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

how ransomware groups communicate with their victims

by Lc2016 - 22 October, 2023 - 12:15 PM
This post is by a banned member (Lc2016) - Unhide
Lc2016  
Registered
Threads
Hi, [Image: smart.gif]

After multiple reports and researches I have the impression that ALL ransomware groups use email as a technology to talk to their victims. Whereas there are several other solutions XMPP -> TELEGRAM -> ...

Why stay on the mail?

So let me open the debate !

Thanks
This post is by a banned member (words) - Unhide
words  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
(22 October, 2023 - 12:15 PM)Lc2016 Wrote: Show More

After multiple reports and researches I have the impression that ALL ransomware groups use email as a technology to talk to their victims. Whereas there are several other solutions XMPP -> TELEGRAM -> ...

Why stay on the mail?

Thanks

Easier because everyone might have an email, not everyone has telegram // xmpp with OMEMO.

Also because they targeted a lot of enterprises
I do not sell anything. I do not have a public Discord / Telegram. I will never ask anyone for money / refuse any deal via middleman. I will never deny to confirm my identity via PM before any deal. Stay safe, I have impersonators.
(-.-)Zzz...

https://youtu.be/EDVrTYW2l84

This post is by a banned member (PolloTramaOp) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
A good ransomware group use a chat on darknet (onion)  [Image: thinkingpepe.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: SPADONE-CC-Signature-Design.gif]
Lc2016  
Registered
Threads
(22 October, 2023 - 12:16 PM)similitude Wrote: Show More

Why stay on the mail?

Thanks

Easier because everyone might have an email, not everyone has telegram // xmpp with OMEMO.

Indeed, if the entry point for deploying the ransomware was by e-mail, we might as well continue communicating via this channel, but in that case, which providers are used? And if the e-mail is deleted by the provider, we lose all contact with the victims. [Image: pepeokay.png]
(22 October, 2023 - 12:17 PM)PolloTramaOp Wrote: Show More
A good ransomware group use a chat on darknet (onion)  [Image: thinkingpepe.png]

It's true that this is the best method for securing connections, but no one has installed tor or knows how to use it... but it's still a good option. [Image: hackerman.gif]
This post is by a banned member (words) - Unhide
words  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 22 October, 2023 - 12:29 PM by words. Edited 1 time in total.)
(22 October, 2023 - 12:24 PM)Lc2016 Wrote: Show More
(22 October, 2023 - 12:16 PM)similitude Wrote: Show More

Why stay on the mail?

Thanks

Indeed, if the entry point for deploying the ransomware was by e-mail, we might as well continue communicating via this channel, but in that case, which providers are used? And if the e-mail is deleted by the provider, we lose all contact with the victims. [Image: pepeokay.png]
(22 October, 2023 - 12:17 PM)PolloTramaOp Wrote: Show More

It's true that this is the best method for securing connections, but no one has installed tor or knows how to use it... but it's still a good option. [Image: hackerman.gif]
some self hosted could work.

some end to end encrypted, offshore providers could be used too. All depends of their TOS and if they check a lot complaints and delete them

^ by the way, i'm only saying this from a **possible** pov, i've never actually worked wwith ransomwares ever, so I can't really tell.

but for me it's the easiest way to communicate // can also be as you said the easiest entry point.
I do not sell anything. I do not have a public Discord / Telegram. I will never ask anyone for money / refuse any deal via middleman. I will never deny to confirm my identity via PM before any deal. Stay safe, I have impersonators.
(-.-)Zzz...

https://youtu.be/EDVrTYW2l84

This post is by a banned member (nongtang) - Unhide
Lc2016  
Registered
Threads
(This post was last modified: 22 October, 2023 - 12:56 PM by Lc2016. Edited 1 time in total.)
Finally, to avoid any risk of loss, it's best to have a small site under tor?

edit : Or else a hidden service for settlement and decryption key delivery and contact via telegram or XMPP to manage instantaneous discussions, no?