Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

how secure is tor browser ?

by fgdfg231 - 16 April, 2020 - 02:28 AM
This post is by a banned member (fgdfg231) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Sally) - Unhide
Sally  
Heaven
Threads
4 Years of service
It is good but use another vpn for extra layer of security
This post is by a banned member (sahrenity) - Unhide
sahrenity  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Pretty safe and secured.
It does, however, depend on how you use it - specifically, what your settings are.
First rule of thumb, is to disable javascript, next check that you have HTTPS enabled for all sites.
This post is by a banned member (Nismo) - Unhide
Nismo  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
The official line is to not use a VPN with Tor. How safe is it depends on your usage and threat model. Tor's main thing is herd immunity, when there are so many people with the exact same config, browser, addons etc, it makes it difficult to pinpoint your online movements. Just use the browser as it comes, default, don't change things as then you'll stand out from the crowd.
[Image: spotify-sig.png]
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...582e676966]
This post is by a banned member (me3211) - Unhide
me3211  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(16 April, 2020 - 03:56 PM)bluebolt Wrote: Show More
The official line is to not use a VPN with Tor. How safe is it depends on your usage and threat model. Tor's main thing is herd immunity, when there are so many people with the exact same config, browser, addons etc, it makes it difficult to pinpoint your online movements. Just use the browser as it comes, default, don't change things as then you'll stand out from the crowd.

This is absolutely correct.
This post is by a banned member (portforward) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
tor by itself is very secure, although a big vulnerability that i know of is that the exit node(the last connection your data jumps through in tor) can be managed by someone with mallicious intent.
this is why you should also use a VPN, but remember that by using a VPN, your data is also at the mercy of the VPN provider(most providers, not suprisingly, keep logs of data and IP addresses). i'd highly recommend nordvpn or privateinternetaccess, as they have good reputations of not keeping logs or doing sneaky stuff with user data.
root@port:~#
This post is by a banned member (DiscordSux) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(18 April, 2020 - 12:31 AM)p0rt4ward Wrote: Show More
tor by itself is very secure, although a big vulnerability that i know of is that the exit node(the last connection your data jumps through in tor) can be managed by someone with mallicious intent.
this is why you should also use a VPN, but remember that by using a VPN, your data is also at the mercy of the VPN provider(most providers, not suprisingly, keep logs of data and IP addresses). i'd highly recommend nordvpn or privateinternetaccess, as they have good reputations of not keeping logs or doing sneaky stuff with user data.

I agree with him   [Image: Amusing.png] [Image: Amusing.png] [Image: monkaEyes.png]
Discord Ban Method: https://pastebin.com/2euAj97b
New Discord Chat Application: https://nertivia.supertiger.tk/
This post is by a banned member (thecreampieguy) - Unhide