Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

i have a 5 years agoraphobia- what should ı do?

by vaveyyla - 20 February, 2023 - 04:58 PM
This post is by a banned member (vaveyyla) - Unhide
vaveyyla  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
[font][font]I'm not sure if it's right to bring this here. I thought it was appropriate because it is personal.
I have had panic disorder for 13 years and agoraphobia for the last 5 years and I can't leave the house. I live in Turkey, I continue medication, I have been to many clinical psychologists but I have no motivation, I am always weak, fearful and unhappy, I don't know what to do. 
This psychologist has been very good for me or does anyone have any suggestions that you can do this? 
I was helpless and unhappy before, but now I am about to go crazy with false motivations such as come on, you can do it.

Is there at least someone who had agoraphobia like me before and did not leave the house for a long time but now recovered? even this will give me hope... [/font][/font]
[font][font]​ [/font][/font]
This post is by a banned member (xOXyWCDdJtmL) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
walk outside
[Image: smQjjni.gif]
@xXGunpointXx ends 06/28/2024
This post is by a banned member (Refunding) - Unhide
Refunding  
Refund God
Threads
3 Years of service
(20 February, 2023 - 04:58 PM)vaveyyla Wrote: Show More
I'm not sure if it's right to bring this here. I thought it was appropriate because it is personal.
I have had panic disorder for 13 years and agoraphobia for the last 5 years and I can't leave the house. I live in Turkey, I continue medication, I have been to many clinical psychologists but I have no motivation, I am always weak, fearful and unhappy, I don't know what to do. 
This psychologist has been very good for me or does anyone have any suggestions that you can do this? 
I was helpless and unhappy before, but now I am about to go crazy with false motivations such as come on, you can do it.

Is there at least someone who had agoraphobia like me before and did not leave the house for a long time but now recovered? even this will give me hope... 
​ 

you just need to confront it. The human body can adapts to almost anything, when you do something once it becomes easier the next time. Go out, you'll panic a bit but with each time that you do go out you'll be panicking less.
[Image: HGqVOqh.gif]
[Image: DGlflMl.gif]

vaveyyla  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
(This post was last modified: 20 February, 2023 - 05:03 PM by vaveyyla.)
(20 February, 2023 - 04:58 PM)Kinder Wrote: Show More
walk outside

that's the problem: I can't do it, the moment I get out I have terrible panic attacks and I get stiff. (

(20 February, 2023 - 05:00 PM)Playboy Wrote: Show More
(20 February, 2023 - 04:58 PM)vaveyyla Wrote: Show More
I'm not sure if it's right to bring this here. I thought it was appropriate because it is personal.

Is there at least someone who had agoraphobia like me before and did not leave the house for a long time but now recovered? even this will give me hope... 
​ 

you just need to confront it. The human body can adapts to almost anything, when you do something once it becomes easier the next time. Go out, you'll panic a bit but with each time that you do go out you'll be panicking less.

I would like to find the strength to try... I know that if I start, it will continue, but my fears take over.
This post is by a banned member (xOXyWCDdJtmL) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
ok so if i was you i would walk at the night time early in the morning and gradually work your way up in time!
[Image: smQjjni.gif]
@xXGunpointXx ends 06/28/2024
This post is by a banned member (Refunding) - Unhide
Refunding  
Refund God
Threads
3 Years of service
(20 February, 2023 - 05:01 PM)vaveyyla Wrote: Show More
(20 February, 2023 - 04:58 PM)Kinder Wrote: Show More
walk outside

that's the problem: I can't do it, the moment I get out I have terrible panic attacks and I get stiff. (
You can tho, panic is an emotional response. It might feels real but it's not. You won't die from it nor will it cause you any true harm. It's simply an inconvenience which you'll need to endure a few time and you'll be back to normal.
[Image: HGqVOqh.gif]
[Image: DGlflMl.gif]

This post is by a banned member (KnightChampion) - Unhide
vaveyyla  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
(20 February, 2023 - 05:03 PM)Kinder Wrote: Show More
ok so if i was you i would walk at the night time early in the morning and gradually work your way up in time!

I have tried this a lot before... this time I am afraid that something will happen to me when I am alone. psychology is a terrible thing:( thank you for your advice ++ <3