Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

[sunjester tuts] Combolist Management in Bash/Shell Script

by sunjester - 13 March, 2019 - 12:00 AM
This post is by a banned member (sunjester) - Unhide
sunjester  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Introduction
There seems to be a growing use of combo lists and some people are using horribly compiled lists. This tutorial will help you to create and manage your combo lists better. As with all of my other tutorials, we will be working in Linux, ubuntu xenial. And, yes, backtrack or kali is fine (i belive they are both debian based also). Feel free to use my project, https://github.com/therealsunjester/combos, it hasn't been update in a while but it has over 17 million combo lists, and don't forget to contribute your lists to it.

Requirements
All the tools I use are already bundled with a debian distro.

Counting the Lists
There is a handy tool called wc, word counter. You can count the lines in files, or even nested folders with files.

Code:
wc -l 08k.txt
[Image: bSsO6pC.png]

As you can see in the image this file has 8,846 lines. We can also check ALL the txt files in the directory.
Code:
wc -l *.txt
[Image: wroiuao.png]

wc prints the line count for each file and the total number of lines counted.

Combining Combo Lists
You can use the cat command to merge all the combos into one large combo file. Let's say we have multiple files (I will be using another file from my combo list project on Github).
Code:
cat *.txt >combined.txt
And then count the lines in combined.txt and below is both commands, the cat command takes all the txt files and puts them in combined.txt and then we count the lines in combined.txt.

[Image: hTXbd4K.png]
Removing Duplicates
It's easy to remove the duplicates using sort.
Code:
sort -u combined.txt -o combined.txt
[Image: rmJjDPi.png]

As you can see above we removed some duplicates from the list. The original line count in combined.txt was 108,811 and now after the unique sort we have 108,797.
This post is by a banned member (socalgurl) - Unhide
socalgurl  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
thanks for this
This post is by a banned member (hasi912) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Ugas) - Unhide
Ugas  
Registered
Threads
(This post was last modified: 13 February, 2024 - 06:28 PM by Ugas.)
Resource Scheduling involves effectively allocating and managing resources such as time, personnel, and equipment to optimize productivity and efficiency. Integrating Resource Scheduling practices into your Bash/Shell Script workflow can help streamline processes, avoid conflicts, and maximize the utilization of available resources. By implementing Resource Scheduling techniques, you can ensure that tasks related to Combolist Management are executed in a timely and organized manner, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity. Whether it involves managing file operations, data manipulation, or system resources, Resource Scheduling can provide a structured approach to handling tasks efficiently within your Bash/Shell Script environment.
This post is by a banned member (SemV) - Unhide
SemV  
Registered
Threads
Thanks for sharing your tutorial on managing combo lists in Linux! It's crucial to ensure the quality and integrity of such lists, especially given their increasing use.
If you're interested in exploring discussions around software development practices like CI/CD and DevOps, you might find this thread on the ServiceNow community forum helpful: Difference Between CI/CD and DevOps. It offers valuable insights into the distinctions between these methodologies and how they contribute to efficient software delivery.