Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Best way to knock smoking on the head?

by Methylphenidate - 12 September, 2019 - 12:56 AM
This post is by a banned member (Methylphenidate) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Asking for a friend. Smart

SELLING SIGNATURE SPACE [$15 LIFETIME]
This post is by a banned member (Wage) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Methylphenidate) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 September, 2019 - 01:40 AM)Wage Wrote: Show More
Well, first I will need to ask, what are they smoking?

Just ordinary nicotine

SELLING SIGNATURE SPACE [$15 LIFETIME]
This post is by a banned member (Wage) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Ultralight) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Try to find an alternative like weed(as the guy above me said) or maybe try to reduce your consumption gradually. Seriously though, weed really helps alleviate withdrawal, just make sure you dont get addicted to that either.
Pepelove Services Pepelove

Discord:ultralight#3199
This post is by a banned member (WulfyPlaysLoL) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Personally I stopped cold turkey but when I get hella stressed I sometimes have one but that isn't good for most people since I can have one every 9 months and not even finish it and not have any lingering "need" for more.
I find that vaping without nicotine to curb the withdrawals a bit for about a month or 2 was successful for most people looking for help.
After a month you can just quit the vape and replace the action. This could be anything that is beneficial to you, such as eating nuts, working out [walks, runs, swimming], chewing gum.
This post is by a banned member (Decal) - Unhide
Decal  
Infinity
Threads
4 Years of service
Be broke = no money to buy whatever he smoking
This post is by a banned member (Bobz) - Unhide
Bobz  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 September, 2019 - 12:56 AM)Methylphenidate Wrote: Show More
Asking for a friend. Smart

Hey buddy,

I struggled myself as a smoker for nearly 20 years, but now with a family I want to see grow up I figured I needed to knock it on the head.

This was suggested to me and what worked.

Full pack of unopened cigs, lighter by my seat.

Wanted to take one. Checked the time, told myself I can have one now or will see if I can go an hour without one (50+ a day man here lol)

Checked my watch a lot thst first hour haha.

1 hour managed, it was crap but I done it. Told myself if I could do 1 hour, then I'm bound to be able to do 3. When I do a short haul flight I manage 3 hours so why could I not do it now.

So I done 3 hours plus the first hour and whilst I was crawling the walls for a cig I made a coffee and sat down to watch tv. Nearly another hour passed.

So 5 hours down I started to think I was winning, told myself if I made it to bedtime I would have done ten hours.

Ten hours later I threw myself into bed and after a rough sleep woke up and had at that point 17 hours without cigs...most time in nearly 20 years.

So I started thst next day with 1 hour, 3 hours, 5 hours etc again, and I had to do it for a third day before the urge and the tightness for a smoke passed.

Day 4 it was as if I hadn't smoked ever.

I still want a smoke, I just know that I can whenever I want it, but I'd rather have the better health and extra money.

It's not easy, bit maybe give this a try.

Good luck with whatever your pal decides to do.

Bobz.