Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Worry about debt and getting married

by foxsunday - 12 February, 2020 - 11:51 AM
This post is by a banned member (foxsunday) - Unhide
foxsunday  
Contributor
Threads
4 Years of service
I am 29 years old, working in a state-owned company, planning to get married. I am in debt of one billion due to a mortgage loan.

I have just spent a few months paying the bank and I was a bit worried, even though I had borrowed 600 million VND to buy a house before. I bought this house to facilitate my work, to open more jobs at home. I worked hard from morning to night but could only pay interest on the principal every month. I work as a lecturer, repair cars after school hours, teach other schools but feel confused and worried about the debt, want to pay soon to make up for myself and inform my family.

Now I don't know whether to get married or just keep paying down debt. I have been dating a girlfriend for 3 years. We just know each other and ask each other but not support or have any direction and plans for the future. Doctors, brothers and sisters advised, or rather, prevented me from coming to this girlfriend (even though we knew at the time, we determined to go far). Debt, just without the consent of the family about marriage, what should I do?
This post is by a banned member (Yooko) - Unhide
Yooko  
Retired Staff
Threads
5 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 12 February, 2020 - 11:56 AM by Yooko.)
I was going to ask how you got into a debt of a billion dollars but saw it was VND. 

Debt is a massive burden for a lot of people, it is a vicious trap that is hard to escape unless you live super frugally and only focus on repaying debts. 

You should seek professional financial advice rather than a forum like this. However, many people across the world can relate to the same stress. It is a massive cause of suicide too because it really gets to people. If you feel like that then read up on some coping mechanics online to try let yourself breathe

Edit: In regards to your marriage, how important is it to you and your partner? Is it a cultural thing that is pressuring you into marriage?
This post is by a banned member (c2OSD32) - Unhide
c2OSD32  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
thats nothing, i've a lot more debt! Plus my wife as a lot of debt too! 
Debt is such a pain in the ass. I need to win the lottery!
foxsunday  
Contributor
Threads
4 Years of service
I am so sad..
This post is by a banned member (InfiniteZ) - Unhide
InfiniteZ  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
You will need to pay the debt, or be a slave to it your whole life.
[Image: MQRm03m.png]
This post is by a banned member (lamaiden974) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
If you think she's the one for you. You can still get married without spending lots of money.
For your debt, there is no other option to pay it off step by step. Lot of families have debt and it seems to be part of our world. Seek for financial counselor to help you re define your mortgage if needed.
Good luck.
foxsunday  
Contributor
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 February, 2020 - 11:54 AM)Yooko Wrote: Show More
I was going to ask how you got into a debt of a billion dollars but saw it was VND. 

Debt is a massive burden for a lot of people, it is a vicious trap that is hard to escape unless you live super frugally and only focus on repaying debts. 

You should seek professional financial advice rather than a forum like this. However, many people across the world can relate to the same stress. It is a massive cause of suicide too because it really gets to people. If you feel like that then read up on some coping mechanics online to try let yourself breathe

Edit: In regards to your marriage, how important is it to you and your partner? Is it a cultural thing that is pressuring you into marriage?

lol, no vnd  [Image: feelssadman.png]
This post is by a banned member (rationality) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 28 March, 2020 - 03:38 PM by rationality.)
Dude, come on, don't worry about it. It'd better to worry about the money and people, whose surrender you. I say so, because I had bad experience in life. Long story short, my company was commissioned in February 2017 to Design and create a show for a client. After many polite reminders to pay over an 8 week period the client wasn't forthcoming with payment they continued to lie and go back on their word. The case ended up going to small claims court and was ruled in our favor. After much back and forth between solicitors, the clients solicitor went mute, and I was convinced all was lost. 12 Months after this saga began I decided to contact frontline-collections(https://frontline-collections.com), who managed to secure the whole amount owed, over £16,000 within two weeks.
So be careful, man)