Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

How to beat depression?

by cxcx - 10 December, 2020 - 10:21 PM
This post is by a banned member (aroseol) - Unhide
aroseol  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(11 December, 2020 - 11:11 PM)cxcx Wrote: Show More
appreciate this my man

(11 December, 2020 - 09:46 AM)Zipcar Wrote: Show More
All you have to do to beat depression is do drugs and drink heavily...

drugs make it worse.
eh, just gonna get some friends (real life) and experience some nice stuff (-> nice memories)  10/10
This post is by a banned member (blondiegold) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(10 December, 2020 - 10:21 PM)cxcx Wrote: Show More
Ive been feeling pretty down lately.It seems things just keep getting worse and worse.Have you ever been depressed if so what were some things you did that helped you out.

You know they say that going to any kind of drug when your mind is such in a low state is a bad idea. but yeah recommend going out with some friends of just talking to some people that might care.
This post is by a banned member (SuDoer47) - Unhide
SuDoer47  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
try to hangout more often with your homies or try to be socialized more and doing staff that you like with people not alone, hope you get well man
This post is by a banned member (elcracenlengua) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(11 December, 2020 - 11:11 PM)cxcx Wrote: Show More
appreciate this my man

(11 December, 2020 - 09:46 AM)Zipcar Wrote: Show More
All you have to do to beat depression is do drugs and drink heavily...

drugs make it worse.

Don't even thing of drugs, they'll create that fake necessity to take them regularly and end up fucking you up more
This post is by a banned member (Zipcar) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (lylee7) - Unhide
lylee7  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Ive been feeling pretty down lately.It seems things just keep getting worse and worse.Have you ever been depressed if so what were some things you did that helped you out.

sometimes its just there, and u just find ways to cope and distract urself, u just have to be willing to move forward and make new changes in your life
This post is by a banned member (LateNightVibe) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I have suffered from depression and social anxiety since I was 15,
every day I feel like a passenger or an observer on a train watching my life unfold without any control. [Image: feelssadman.png]
Stuck between fear of dying and fear of living because of anxiety.
The only way I can find to ease the pain is so simple
I tell myself that as long as I can breathe I will have the strength to live no matter what...

1.stay away from toxic friend and family member,

2.self-love comes from yourself and no one else

3.fix you small short-term objectiv

4.go for a 15-minute walk once a day

consult a psychiatrist for quick antidepressant

psychologist for therapy.

remember you are not alone broosky Heart

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

This post is by a banned member (BroskiPodolski) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service

Depression is a beast, man. What have you tried so far?

I've battled depression for a lonnnnnnng ass time, my friend. I can tell you that it never truly leaves you but you can 100% learn to keep its damage at a minimum. It's a really tough battle and I hope you're able to get through it. 

I noticed a lot of the messages here focus on keeping busy and whatnot but I think your first step should be look at the cause of your depression. Is it something you can control? Did an event trigger it? Is it caused by stress and/or anxiety coming from something/one? The cause may or may not be in your control to address. It really helps if you can take a deep, honest look at yourself and try to figure out what is causing. That being said, sometimes your life can be picture perfect and you can still feel depressed. This is okay as well. In this case, it may help to talk to someone about it. Preferably a professional.  Friends are great and all but professionals can give you trained, unbiased opinions.

After you've answered this question, then you can start looking at ways to keep busy and fight it. 

Hope you get through this.