Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

I'm Cracked.to's cofounder - Ask me anything about C.TO's early days

by Perile0s - 03 June, 2021 - 10:34 AM
This post is by a banned member (Perile0s) - Unhide
Perile0s  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
(03 June, 2021 - 01:50 PM)picklepies Wrote: Show More
(03 June, 2021 - 10:34 AM)Perile0s Wrote: Show More
Hi,

I'm Perileos - C.TO's cofounder. Florain and me came with the idea of C.TO in January 2018, where Flo suggested that I should build a new forum. I was recently scammed of my old forum (was abroad, left it to someone else) along with a sizeable amount of money. I did not wanted to build a forum because I did not wanted to deal with possible law enforcements etc, that's when Flo decided to build Cracked.to. Flo and me decided we part ways several times but I would help out with an advisory type of role from time to time. Same as helping out with moderating/administrating. 

First theme of C.TO:
https://i.imgur.com/jyI13Dz.png

Second theme of C.TO:
https://i.imgur.com/FK2wmr3.png

Ask me anything related to how C.TO started.

How did you tread the fine line of legality as the site grew?

I did not, I was merely an administrator. I do have to admit that I should've known better.
This post is by a banned member (picklepies) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(03 June, 2021 - 01:55 PM)Perile0s Wrote: Show More
(03 June, 2021 - 10:34 AM)Perile0s Wrote: Show More
Hi,

I'm Perileos - C.TO's cofounder. Florain and me came with the idea of C.TO in January 2018, where Flo suggested that I should build a new forum. I was recently scammed of my old forum (was abroad, left it to someone else) along with a sizeable amount of money. I did not wanted to build a forum because I did not wanted to deal with possible law enforcements etc, that's when Flo decided to build Cracked.to. Flo and me decided we part ways several times but I would help out with an advisory type of role from time to time. Same as helping out with moderating/administrating. 

First theme of C.TO:
https://i.imgur.com/jyI13Dz.png

Second theme of C.TO:
https://i.imgur.com/FK2wmr3.png

Ask me anything related to how C.TO started.

I did not, I was merely an administrator. I do have to admit that I should've known better.

Do you have any regrets or hope for things going in a different direction for cracked.to?
Perile0s  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
(03 June, 2021 - 02:09 PM)picklepies Wrote: Show More
(03 June, 2021 - 01:55 PM)Perile0s Wrote: Show More

Do you have any regrets or hope for things going in a different direction for cracked.to?

To be honest, no. It is profitable, why would you change it's direction. I would however build a couple of other forums and use Cracked.to as a main driveforce of traffic to the new boards (which are legal) so that in the long run C.TO could be shutdown.
This post is by a banned member (Mastiff) - Unhide
Perile0s  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
(04 June, 2021 - 09:26 AM)Mastiff Wrote: Show More
For what kind of target did you and floraiN think this forum? Was it always supposed to be a place to gather entry-level cybercriminals, or were you aiming higher?

Knowing that your work is helping, or helped, thousands of cybercriminals who are doing wrong, do you ever have second thoughts about the morality of what you helped build?

I believe our main motive was power/money/autonomy in the early stages. As I specified earlier, Flo pushed me to re-start my stolen forum and he was aware of the kind of profits it had brought with it. Flo ran a forum in 2012 but wasn't actively looking to start a new one, neither was I. However, a couple things happened, which I will not divulge in as this is Flo's side to tell. Those events led Flo to start C.TO. We weren't targetting on gathering entry-level cybercriminals and I do feel guilty about it and truly, I wouldn't advocate for it again. It's also one of the reasons I decided NOT to start C.TO (in result, Flo did).
This post is by a banned member (carolinagatto) - Unhide
Perile0s  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
(09 June, 2021 - 02:14 PM)carolinagatto Wrote: Show More
(04 June, 2021 - 09:32 AM)Perile0s Wrote: Show More
(04 June, 2021 - 09:26 AM)Mastiff Wrote: Show More
For what kind of target did you and floraiN think this forum? Was it always supposed to be a place to gather entry-level cybercriminals, or were you aiming higher?

Knowing that your work is helping, or helped, thousands of cybercriminals who are doing wrong, do you ever have second thoughts about the morality of what you helped build?

I believe our main motive was power/money/autonomy in the early stages. As I specified earlier, Flo pushed me to re-start my stolen forum and he was aware of the kind of profits it had brought with it. Flo ran a forum in 2012 but wasn't actively looking to start a new one, neither was I. However, a couple things happened, which I will not divulge in as this is Flo's side to tell. Those events led Flo to start C.TO. We weren't targetting on gathering entry-level cybercriminals and I do feel guilty about it and truly, I wouldn't advocate for it again. It's also one of the reasons I decided NOT to start C.TO (in result, Flo did).

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

I have seen kids learn very dangerous stuff here. :(

I agree and I regret it. However it is no longer within (and hasn't been for quite some time) to change it.
This post is by a banned member (polo) - Unhide
polo  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
u still virgin?
 [Image: 848678221405880346.png?v=1]