Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Money and Happiness

by MrAdvertise - 11 January, 2023 - 12:37 PM
This post is by a banned member (MrAdvertise) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
Bumped #9
This is a bump
This post is by a banned member (CoolToolz) - Unhide
CoolToolz  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Well as a kid I was a little romantic and believed that a mediocre job would be enough for me to live happily.
Then I needed money for various reasons. Debt of my family, sickness, social pressure, class discrimination etc.

Then I started working harder and smarter. After a while, I started to earn more. I could help a friend in debt, who was seriously in depression because of his financial status.
I could help my family, buy gifts to people and see the happiness in their eyes.

When you earn good money, you have the ability to change the life of people you love, if you have a such intention.

However, I have also become a little paranoid. I've started to think what would happen if I earned less, somehow, or if I lost everything suddenly. Losing the power I gained in a long and difficult process. Therefore it caused me to work more and worry even more.

Now I'm a guy who's working more than 14 hours every single day. Taking even 1 day off feels like betrayal to my goals. And life is not merely chasing financial goals I guess. We also need to rest sometimes.

So for me, money bought happiness for now, bringing a few disadvantages with it.
This post is by a banned member (Sn0wWh1te) - Unhide
Sn0wWh1te  
Infinity
Threads
1 Year of service
(04 February, 2023 - 11:24 PM)CoolToolz Wrote: Show More
Well as a kid I was a little romantic and believed that a mediocre job would be enough for me to live happily.
Then I needed money for various reasons. Debt of my family, sickness, social pressure, class discrimination etc.

Then I started working harder and smarter. After a while, I started to earn more. I could help a friend in debt, who was seriously in depression because of his financial status.
I could help my family, buy gifts to people and see the happiness in their eyes.

When you earn good money, you have the ability to change the life of people you love, if you have a such intention.

However, I have also become a little paranoid. I've started to think what would happen if I earned less, somehow, or if I lost everything suddenly. Losing the power I gained in a long and difficult process. Therefore it caused me to work more and worry even more.

Now I'm a guy who's working more than 14 hours every single day. Taking even 1 day off feels like betrayal to my goals. And life is not merely chasing financial goals I guess. We also need to rest sometimes.

So for me, money bought happiness for now, bringing a few disadvantages with it.

No one cares, thats about as deep as my toilet. Money = afford the shit you need to be happy. No money = shit. Easy.
This post is by a banned member (Rapchiks) - Unhide
Rapchiks  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
I want to be rich!
This post is by a banned member (tracchawk) - Unhide
tracchawk  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Its not the end all be all, only someone thats only been poor would think that. However it does make life easier and allows you to say no to things you don't want to do  like working etc so better to have it than not.
This post is by a banned member (sluwvos) - Unhide
sluwvos  
Contributor
Threads
1 Year of service
more money = more happy
[Image: standard.gif]
Drive 
This post is by a banned member (SaTaN1stas) - Unhide
Threads
wrong place to question such questions
This post is by a banned member (Zcorp) - Unhide