Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Invest College Money?

by ItsYoda - 21 October, 2019 - 09:05 AM
This post is by a banned member (ItsYoda) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Fur) - Unhide
Fur  
Infinity
Threads
5 Years of service
I'd recommend putting it towards a long term investment or saving it for things you might need to buy in college. I'm currently a freshman and even with a meal plan having extra money to buy certain things is actually useful if you always eat at the dining hall and you have everything you need i'd look into an investment otherwise i'd just recommend you to keep the money and use it when needed.
This post is by a banned member (Yf8) - Unhide
Yf8  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Become a drug dealer thats a good way to make sum money. I'd recomend saving about a thousand dollars for an emergency fund because shit happens in life.
This post is by a banned member (Nork0i) - Unhide
Nork0i  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
You'd probably need a substantial down payment to get much out of shares/stocks etc. With $300 I think it would be pretty hard to make a decent turn around on it.

On the flip side, it's almost black Friday so you could just get some good deals? Money comes and goes in life so you might as well have fun.
This post is by a banned member (Wrecktangle324) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
The best (and most boring) advice is to either 1. pay off your debt or 2. Toss it in a index fund like SPY and watch it grow over time.
This post is by a banned member (MrCrypto) - Unhide
MrCrypto  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
take 10% and put it into the spy ( spx500 ) 5-10% into crypto and like another 10-20% into stocks you see yourself using everyday like chegg or AMD for example. Invest money into your 401k if from the US otherwise put it into your countries retirement fund. Most kids in college overlook this and its usually how much people get into the top 10% with a shitpaying job by 30 since theyve been compounding all the money they have been reinvesting back into the stockmarket index funds ( like the spyder mentioned above ) or into their retirement fund.
This post is by a banned member (Razengen) - Unhide
Razengen  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Given the smaller amount for investment as well as your instant gratification needs, it would be wise to firstly reduce any debt you have with that money causing instant gratification in debt relief, if you don't have any debts then it would be a good idea to invest in something of high risk that is not long term (because long term investments don't give you instant gratification). Your in a stage of your life cycle where taking risk is warranted rather than putting money away for long term accumulation needs. 

So crypto, horse betting, sports betting, Lottery, scratchies are all acceptable. I wouldn't recommend blowing it on drugs as it may have the instant gratification component but with no upside on a return on your investment.
This post is by a banned member (traveler1011) - Unhide