Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

MMORPG's are Dead?

by Unusual - 21 October, 2019 - 05:29 PM
This post is by a banned member (Unusual) - Unhide
Unusual  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Hello guys, as a big fan of MMORPG's, I feel like fans of the genre are not and will not be lucky.

I've crossed amazing games such as WoW, Cabal Online, Metin2, etc but the graphics are too old, and there is no decent friendly player base. I mean, where is that hype of jumping in the game, meeting people, playing with people, having lot of things to do? Now I feel like it's mostly solo playing, and the new MMORPG's out there are those asian cash grabbers shit, or even promising titles like Black Desert Online is mostly an AFK Simulator.

I really hope a big game will come soon, because I'm starting to lose hope when a "new published title" is for example WoW Classic. People starting to play a game that was release over a decade ago is just a huge facepalm.

What do you guys think?
This post is by a banned member (P1xor) - Unhide
P1xor  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Hmm....I get what you mean about the lack of a good long lasting community vibe around new MMO's. I always feel a bit like a stranger compared to the old days of having solid groups of gamers who genuinly had good chat etc. I think we are in a weird place at the moment whilst we wait for the next big step in gaming. I don't know what it will be...some of the stuff around cloud gaming and the fact MMO's won't be sectioned off into servers like they are now etc could make the communities more solid but god knows if something like Googles Stadia will actually pull off the gaming environments we need to progress this.

I don't think its the end of MMO's...we just need a BIG change.
This post is by a banned member (KaiNewton1998) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I got into Black Desert recently and have found it to be one of the best MMO's I have played in recent years. While like you said a lot of people simply afk whatever in the game, at higher brackets and higher up in terms of content towards late game as I would class it, the game really picks up. I do understand that sadly that is a big oof people do not want to accomplish. Whilst the genre is by no means dead in my humble opinion it has seen the least innovation out of every genre of game available.
This post is by a banned member (MrSKY) - Unhide
MrSKY  
Supreme
Threads
6 Years of service
It's a new one online since some weeks - Astellia Online
This post is by a banned member (Unusual) - Unhide
Unusual  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 02 November, 2019 - 07:14 PM by Unusual.)
(28 October, 2019 - 04:58 PM)KaiNewton1998 Wrote: Show More
I got into Black Desert recently and have found it to be one of the best MMO's I have played in recent years. While like you said a lot of people simply afk whatever in the game, at higher brackets and higher up in terms of content towards late game as I would class it, the game really picks up. I do understand that sadly that is a big oof people do not want to accomplish. Whilst the genre is by no means dead in my humble opinion it has seen the least innovation out of every genre of game available.

I don't like BDO, that is not a mmorpg, that's an AFK Simulator.

(01 November, 2019 - 01:44 AM)MarlboroDE Wrote: Show More
It's a new one online since some weeks - Astellia Online

It's B2P though...
This post is by a banned member (genetixe) - Unhide
genetixe  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Tbh most mmorpg right just feels like a single player where you're only forced to group up with people when you're doing endgame pve (raids, dungeons and stuffs) but atm i'm enjoying playing Gw2 and archeage unchained..
This post is by a banned member (wowzaa) - Unhide
wowzaa  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(07 November, 2019 - 03:38 AM)genetixe Wrote: Show More
Tbh most mmorpg right just feels like a single player where you're only forced to group up with people when you're doing endgame pve (raids, dungeons and stuffs) but atm i'm enjoying playing Gw2 and archeage unchained..

Gw2 isn't bad.. its just its now all raids and fractals tho. well except if you go into WvW and pvp too
This post is by a banned member (dummie1091) - Unhide